Do you want a pair of Nikon HG binoculars? GIVEAWAY

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
I don't envy Matt having to make the choice if he's doing it purely on the merit of a given post since each post truly has some level of merit.

If I were having to make the decision I'd just assign each entry a number and do a random drawing. Its not super exciting (especially as an entrant!), but its fair.

Haha, aw man. I didn't even think that it wouldn't be random. I would have come up with a story way better than being a young broke dad with no budget for good glass...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Alright guys. I will carefully pour over the entries. I will get with Ryan by Wednesday!

Thanks for participating Roksliders!

tntrker

WKR
Haha, aw man. I didn't even think that it wouldn't be random. I would have come up with a story way better than being a young broke dad with no budget for good glass...

Most of us are young broke dads with no money for good glass, so it would have been random if we all posted that...haha

Most of us are young broke dads with no money for good glass, so it would have been random if we all posted that...haha

Yeah, I guess I thoughts this was more of a "do this step to enter the drawing" kind of thing. I was wondering why so many people posted so many pictures. Congrats to who wins!

Edited-

Last edited:

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Why don't we stop trying to dictate to Rokslide how they should be running their GAW, lol.

"...Tell us or show us with pictures why you need a new pair of binoculars... Matt Cashell will pick the winner."

Based on those rules, Matt can pick a winner however he wants. Cool profile pic? Great. Best screen name? Awesome. If I had to guess, it'll probably be based on the "why you need a new pair..." part, which is why the majority of people went through the effort of doing some storytelling and whatnot.

I would be willing to bet that if we execute some patience, we'll probably know for sure who won soon ;).

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,

This was a very hard choice to make! As a father of budding hunters, I do appreciate all the posts about kids needing gear or taking gear from their parents. I have some experience with that myself.

I also loved hearing about the broken, old, damaged bins and the "Pay it Forward" ideas are also great. Really good stuff.

In the end, I went with a simple "picture is worth a thousand words" post that both fulfilled the contest requirements and made me laugh to boot...

So,

Braaap, you are the winner, congratulations! Check your PMs! You have until 09/10/18 to reply, or I choose again!

My only request is that you both continue to contribute to the forum, and give us an updated shot of your freezer after getting the bins!

Thanks to everybody for participating, and Nikon Sport Optics for their support!

Braaap

WKR
Thank you Matt Cashell and Rokslide!!! I'm so pumped! Sorry it took me so long to reply on the forum. There were so many good posts from guys that need new glass, or have little kids that take up all their time and money, or are short on funds to buy new gear that I feel super lucky that Matt appreciated my attempt at some humor. I've got a one year old and a three year old that love eating wild game I put on the table and these new Nikon HG's will certainly be a huge help filling my freezer this fall (elk and deer tag!). I've been using the same pair of Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42's since 2008 and these HG's will be a huge upgrade. My brother got his first deer tag this year (CA B zone) and doesn't even own any binos so now I can pass my old Nikon's on to him. I'll be helping him on his deer hunt and then hunting deer and elk in the Ruby's in NV in October. Ill definitely post my impressions after using them. Maybe I can give a good perspective on the jump from the bottom of a product line to the top.

Thanks again!!!

Hope you enjoy them, glad we could provide these to you!

- Jeremy Bentham
Sr. Manager Nikon SRO & Operations

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Braaap, you should have them tomorrow.

Big thanks to Nikon for the support.

Braaap

WKR
View attachment 81227
IMG_20181002_123928269_HDR.jpg

The Nikon HG's are awesome! Filled both my tags and my freezer. Thanks again to Nikon and Rokslide. The HG's on a tripod were a game changer for me and I had my best big game season to date. I'll post a review later in the optics forum.