Do you want a pair of Nikon HG binoculars? GIVEAWAY

matthewmt

WKR
Running some older hand me down Burris euro diamonds unfortunately Burris no longer makes binos and therefore does not service them any longer so I'm stuck with them for the time being which may be til the cows come home. Thanks for the opportunity! Good luck everyone,

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bwlacy

WKR
Well I don't know if I can compete with some of these pics. Some great posts already. Mostly I really need an upgrade and it just isn't in the budget this year. Trying to get all the western gear over the last few years has taken it's toll on my hunting budget. I am going on my second diy Colorado archery elk hunt this year. I've looked at several brands at Cabela's and just can't pull the trigger at this time. Please pick me so that I can post some awesome pics at the end of September!

TheCougar

WKR
Taking my son, who just turned 10, on his first deer hunt. He could use some binoculars. Not as cute as 92xj’s kids... but it’s what I’ve got! Thanks for doing this Ryan.E2C8701E-FBA2-4956-8725-3F1377ADF348.jpg

Last edited:
I am in the market for some new glass because I just donated my older Nikon binos to a friend that lives out of the country. My wife just had our third child last week so I could really use these.
56904a7da6481332a2541eb27591382e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no sad story. I just want to say that I really like my Nikon Monarch 7's. They seem to work really well and I am curious how much of a difference there is with my current set and these new binoculars. If I get selected, I promise to create a video and review writeup for the Rokslide staff to share.

Either way, thank you for all of the support from all of the Rokslide members, staff and the sponsors. I have learned so much from everyone while I start hunting at age 45.

Tag_Soup

WKR
On a spring beat hunt this year, we made a play on a good color phase bear we had spent about half an hour watching. I couldn’t make out enough detail with my old Vortex Bino’s to determine if the bear was a shooter, so we made the call, dropped 2500 vertical and came up 1500, and spent several hours getting into position. Once we were a few hundred yards away, it was obviously a big sow with three little cubs. We made the long hike back to our glassing area and found one other bear just before dark. Unfortunately we didn’t have enough daylight left to make a play. It was our last day of the hunt.

I honestly believe that with better glass, I could have spotted the cubs mulling around her feet in the grass and saved half of our last evening. We may have even had enough time to make a play on the big black boar and fill a tag. I have had my eyes on the new Monarch HG’s for quite some time, but with a new baby and a recent move back to my beloved home state of Idaho, better glass hasn’t been in the cards. I would love to have the chance to use these and give a full review on rockslide Thanks for the generosity, this forum and the contributors rock!
3fa6fc8de77a0ae9e92f5ff8e99616be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nv_hunter

FNG
I was fortunate enough to draw three great tags this year! Quality glass is the biggest piece of the puzzle that I am lacking. I have been scouting a couple times for my ever pronghorn tag and my knockers inability to cut through heat waves and poor low light viewing has really made scouting frustrating.

My other two tags are muzzy deer and a rifle deer tag. Each hunt is in great areas, everyone knows that good glass is important but purchasing high end optics have eluded me. Winning the Monarch HDs could turn great hunts into memories that last a lifetime thanks to good glass.

Although this is the first giveaway I have been in on Rokslide, this forum keeps giving with great articles and people to talk about everything outdoors with. Good luck to everyone.
6a7b8ac37b0c699769802aff909cc23c.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Huntin_GI

WKR
Pick me Pick me!

I hate attempting to argue why I "need" something more than the next guy. BUT since that appears to be the nature of the contest, I am returning from a 4 year overseas tour to settle down and move into the civilian world in CO, after 10 very long years, while dragging my little family of four and the dog along. Not to mention it will help me remove a hunting gear "need" (optics) that has been on my excel kit incredibly too long ;) Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Lebeda33

FNG
A pair of Nikon HG binoculars would be very meaningful to me. I am an Idaho transplant that grew up in east central Iowa. After being raised in Iowa, I left the "nest" and attended college (and hunted too much) in Northern Wisconsin. After that, I attended graduate school in western Kentucky and then moved to Lewiston, Idaho.

My education and career has taken me across the United States and has allowed me to learn how to hunt deer and small game in a variety of habitat types. One habitat type that I hadn't hunted before moving to Idaho, was open mountain terrain. This has proven difficult for me because I do not have a pair of quality binoculars (I have a pair of low power ~15 year old hand-me down binoculars). I've been training six days a week for elk, mule deer, and chukar hunting this fall. While I have plenty of will power to train and prepare for the fall hunting seasons, I do not have the funds available to purchase quality gear. This is not meant as a complaint, because I love my 1 month old daughter, my beautiful wife, and the life that we have made together.

A pair of Nikon HG binoculars would mean the world to me and would definitely increase my chance of success this fall (and many to come) during my 1st Archery elk season and rifle hunt for mule deer. Thank you for this awesome opportunity. I wish you the best of luck selecting the most deserving applicant.

Here are a couple of photos of my future outdoorswoman.

View attachment 76397
View attachment 76398
View attachment 76396

Last edited:

amp713

WKR
I've got nothing funny or witty for this one. Just a wife and 2 boys under 5 that make buying a nice pair of binos out of question right now because I have 10 year old Leupolds that still work ok....

Cargyle13

FNG
It wouldn’t give it justice to say an upgrade is what I need. What I have probably was $10 from Walmart that I was given to me when I was a kid. It’s been something I have been saving up for to get some decent glass, but then life gets in the way and family comes first so money is put elsewhere. It would be wonderful to have something to help actually see/locate deer 🦌 Being able to find the deer aids in killing the deer which then means I get back home to family quicker = HAPPY WIFE!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
They wouldn't be for me, they'd be for my daughter. She's been stealing mine enough that she needs a pair of her own. We have a bunch of hunts coming up together.

Aubrey's first bear this spring.

xVoD2gi.jpg

Taking my dad to the ND badlands to try to get him a mule deer in archery season next year. He hasn't owned a pair of binos since his 40s, 20 years ago. I need a second pair for him so he can pretend his old eyes are doing something useful ;)

EastMT

WKR
My old man won some binos at a banquet. Asked if I wanted to trade for them, MSRP was really high. I said heck yeah. I traded him a big loop 45-70 that was in good shape and $500 bucks. After the trade, I got to shopping around, and the bino brand was discontinued, you could buy them for about $400 most places, not the big bucks they advertised at the banquet, and they don't work well with my glasses. I need a new pair because my own old man hosed me out of a rifle and cash, and if I buy another pair I will need a lawyer and a new wife! Save my marriage for me!

Because it's time for a serious upgrade. Without a new pair of Nikons, I'm worried I might accidentally mistake someone's llama for an elk.

Attachments

• Ryan Binos.jpg
    Ryan Binos.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: