Do you want a pair of Nikon HG binoculars? GIVEAWAY

Awesome contest! I personally do not need them so do not want to take away from someone who does :)

If I won them I would give them to my sister who is in college finishing vet tech school (and has no money lol)... she is one of my best hunting buddies... she is using $45 dollar bushnells this year :-/

I would love to have some new binos for Soldering Season, they are a tremendous help with component spot and stock.

Attachments

• Photo on 8-14-18 at 11.22 AM.jpg
    Photo on 8-14-18 at 11.22 AM.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 58

Roy68

WKR
I've been running the same set of the original Nikon Monarchs 10x42 since '05' I believe, and these are the only binoculars I own. Coincidentally we started our family in 2005. We are 3 sons deep now. My oldest is knocking on the door of 14, and he has been hunting with me since he was 5 years old. He has harvested 3 deer in the last 3 years using his late grandpa's 35rem & iron sights. This year will be his 4th year with the same set up.

Apparently working for Dad doesn't pay well enough; so Lane started his own side business making handmade fishing lures. His goal is to save up enough in order to purchase his first bolt action rifle. Tikka, Bergara, and Barrett are on his short list. His glass options are SWFA or Nightforce. I think his patience will be pushed here and he will go with an SWFA. Regardless I'm proud of him and his brothers beyond words. For the last 3 years I give each boy a piece of hunting or fishing equipment that will last them for several years to a life time.

I prefer to spot and stalk whether hunting Kansas plains deer & turkey or Antelope & Elk. This year I'm planning on giving Lane my old trusty Monarchs and my AGC bino harness. It is time for him to start spotting and making the stalking plan. It is going to be quite the challenge for dad this year turning the reins over to him. With a pair of new Nikon HG binoculars I will be able to back up Lane's calls.

Lane at 3 years old and a lot younger me.
F74eUax.jpg

The whole family (Lane is 4)
xGKNAQ6.jpg

Lane at 6 years old. Pass shooting geese on the home pasture pond.
wQEVL6X.jpg

Lane 7 and his middle brother Logan 5 pass shooting doves with Daisy BB Guns
s5eQafa.jpg

Lane learning how to shoot moving targets at age 8
GvpHnJ7.jpg

Lane's first deer at age 10
L0ZHgPy.jpg

Lane's 3rd deer
doZ4QpK.jpg

Lane putting meat in the freezer for our family of 5
rWfu2mK.jpg

I've got a bad memory. Really bad. While in the Army I had several head injuries that eventually lead to my retirement before I wanted to get out. Not being able to remember tasks when your'e a medic is bad. Real bad.
Anyways...
Fast forward/rewind...whatever, to the 2017 hunting season. I go to retrieve something from my truck bed and place my binos on the wheel of the F350. We take care of some tasks and drive away. A few miles later I realize it...OH CRAP! My binos were on the wheel of the truck!!!
u06gkDLb.jpg
While the binos survived, I feel as though I now own a pair of fourth hand, or worse, binos that are unfit for human usagae. These may be better suited for Sloth from Goonies.
sloth-goonies-hey-you-guys-07-1.jpg
They may line up to his face a little better than mine.
I even had to glue the battery compartment back on...like 5 times.
ogBDVtVb.jpg
I feel like an alien attemting to line these human contraptions up to my seemingly disfigured face...
90htuqZb.jpg
Feel for me. Sympathize with me. Be sad for me...:rolleyes:

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Because her cheap plastic ones aren’t doing the trick and she has to get really close! Lol. Plus she’ll be 4 this year and can’t wait for hunting season

f0406c594c63242f0bba6a011c8cc65f.jpg

f8e52d415c5964caf6f393dc8cc6e852.jpg

3eb18d7da2955e77acdf58c70abb7db7.jpg

7a0682019d8ba61c1290c16ce10bcf88.png

b518a8cfeb3734ca724b5655d9ea5c52.jpg

fadc87b11eccee66ad9b19efb88fd3cc.jpg

Last edited:

work765

WKR
Because I’m tired of lending my pair out to her!

511382b3a675499edd676c3958c47900.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIKEYB

WKR
Some great looking family’s and fathers on Rokslide doing some good work out there!

My daughter turns two this month and the last couple of years have been the best and most challenging so far. We never know what the future hold but she loves being outdoors and hope I can encourage and feed her curiosity. I’m starting to understand the compromise and unselfishness a parent takes on when trying raise children.

I’m adjusing to find ways to bring the family to the outdoors in ways that may be different than I’m acustom too because it’s not always about my perception of what a outing should be but the joy that I get from watching my daughter experience something new. Especially when it’s something I value as much. It’s a feeling I can’t describe in words but I can tell many on the fathers on this thread have felt. Patience is key on outings!

At this point in her life it does take much, it’s the small things, a walk down to the ditch collecting rocks for her to throw into the water. By far the best part of my day. Make all the other crap fade away. Or seeing her first antelope and saying antelope ALLL day! I could go on and on.

Compromise has come in the form of limiting my weekend fishing/scouting trips in hopes of being able to make big changes that benefit the family and our experiences for the future.

Here we are trying to find Mom an antelope. Try asking a 2 year old for your Binos back! not happening, I waited her out and she eventually put them down cause she wanted to look at the antelope I had spotted in the scope.

BmjPWBz.jpg

I can’t sit here and say I Need these Nikon HG’s cause the truth is I’ll get by without them. Do I want them? Oh yeah! Just something about good glass. From the review that Matt put out they should edge out any glass that I have currently and be an upgrade.

If by chance I am chosen and win these HG’s, I would like to pay it forward to a site that I have bought, sold and learned so much from over the years by offering up my Nikon monarch 5 12 x 42 (pictured) to one of the other members on this thread. ( chosen with Matt’s help)

4kCoYxR.jpg

I got an archery deer hunt planned for September/January and a bear tag in my pocket. So I’m able to get some field use and feed back to fellow Rokslider’s also.

Good luck guys on this and your season!

Sorry for,the thumbnail pics I’m on mobile.

Attachments

• 9104B9A3-FC62-4EE5-A58F-AD31B591A858.jpg
    9104B9A3-FC62-4EE5-A58F-AD31B591A858.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Vids

WKR
Very cool gesture by MIKEYB to pay it forward, and honestly the same thought occurred to me when I posted my picture. What would I do with the ones I have? I don't NEED new glass, but of course we'd all like an upgrade. I'd like to offer up the same thing if my picture is chosen. I have a pair of Monarch 5 (10x42) that are a month old, I got them from Nikon as a warranty replacement this summer. I'd be more than happy to pass those on to someone else on this thread and cover the shipping.

Huntin_GI

WKR
When do we get to hear about the lucky winner? Lots of good applicants in this thread!

Have you ever been on the precipice of taking a beautiful girl home, while wondering if you played your cards right and might just get lucky? Well, I currently feel like that but only I've been talking to the beautiful girls hotter friend and I think to myself "There might just be a chance" ;)

Trial153

WKR
Have you ever been on the precipice of taking a beautiful girl home, while wondering if you played your cards right and might just get lucky? Well, I currently feel like that but only I've been talking to the beautiful girls hotter friend and I think to myself "There might just be a chance" ;)

So you ordered Swaros....?