Please welcome BaseMap to Rokslide and win a membership!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just downloaded the free version to try out. Look forward to seeing how it works when I go offline.

mcr-85

WKR
I downloaded the app and messed around with the free parts of it a little bit last night. It looks like it would work great. I'm in for the giveaway.

Welcome welcome welcome put me in would love to see a good review of this for whoever has it already as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I’m in, like mentioned above I checked it out after your Instagram post about it and have been messing around with the free trial.

twall13

WKR
Care to share why? Saying you didn't like it isn't a helpful review without telling us what it was that you didn't like.
About as honest as it gets:
I paid $30, wish I hadn't, deleted it off both phones.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
Web side crashed Firefox window 100% of the time.
Only 1 offline map is visible at a time rendering the app unusable to me on an elk hunt. Multiple other issues rendering the app unusable were fixed with updates (android side) but I'd had enough when it came time to use it for Elk hunting. It was ok when I was sitting in a blind on a waterhole hunting Antelope. I have 63 hi res maps cached on my phone for this hunt I'm on and I can't play tic tac toe trying to figure out which map covers the area I'm in. The maps, imagery, and overlays were basically the same as the other app products; Google does not allow downloading of their imagery to your phone. The app has potential and they do fix issues but I just couldn't use it.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Only 1 offline map is visible at a time rendering the app unusable to me on an elk hunt. Multiple other issues rendering the app unusable were fixed with updates (android side) but I'd had enough when it came time to use it for Elk hunting. It was ok when I was sitting in a blind on a waterhole hunting Antelope. I have 63 hi res maps cached on my phone for this hunt I'm on and I can't play tic tac toe trying to figure out which map covers the area I'm in. The maps, imagery, and overlays were basically the same as the other app products; Google does not allow downloading of their imagery to your phone. The app has potential and they do fix issues but I just couldn't use it.

Interesting I use mine on Firefox and Chrome works fine. When was the last time you used it? It also takes about 2 seconds to switch offline maps. I get why they did it that way too, keeps it from crashing. It would be cool if it was seamless.

63 hi-res maps? Is that half of Oregon:) I'm not saying BaseMap is perfect but I like what I see.

tntrker

WKR
Welcome Basemaps!! Looks pretty awsum. I would love to give it a try on my 1st ever Montana Elk hunt this fall.

DerkPerk

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in for the drawing!

I’d like to hear feedback on resolution of the offline maps, OnX seems to be lacking in this department.

BaseMap

Does it have a tilt function like GE?

The mobile app does have a hybrid 3D feature by tilting the map. The further you zoom in, the more you can tilt the map. The mobile app also has a seamless Google Earth integration if you need true 3D. This allows you to view locations or export markers directly to the Google Earth app.

Attachments

• Image-1001002003004005006.jpg
    Image-1001002003004005006.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Marker Details Screenshot.jpg
    Marker Details Screenshot.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 25

BaseMap

It does have the tilt function, but I can’t get it to work reliably, or reset to non-tilt. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing, but if anybody figures it out I’d love to hear.

To use the tilt function, zoom in to the area of interest and push upward on the map with two fingers. To reverse the tilt, pull down on the map with two fingers. The further you zoom in, the more you can tilt the map. For a help video please visit: Hybrid 3d Imagery – BaseMap

BaseMap

Thanks for the feedback. A lot has been updated since we launched the app in April. We looked into the issue and see you haven't used the app since early July. Please let us know where you are hunting antelope and elk between April and July so we can update our season dates! :)