New rule for posting in the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

2five7

WKR
If you're paying by PayPal, never ever use the "friends and family" option! You are losing any and all buyer/seller protection by doing so. 3% savings is not worth losing 100%!

renagde

WKR
I don't get why you would need 25 post to reply to a classified ad. I understand why you need 25 post to start a new classified ad, but i've bought plenty of stuff on rokslide, now all of a sudden I can't post to anything. If you're a scammer, you're going to scam by sending a PM, not necessarily by posting to someone else's thread.

I have bought and sold lots of stuff (and given some back to RS to help keep the classifieds free). I have had scammers post right to the ad. I have had them contact me PM too.

I always check , not just their post counts, but the content and what they were doing in their posts. It is EASY to spot them. I can't believe this community is getting so naïve. Do your due diligence, if it seems 50/50 if they are legit, bypass the Friends and Family and pay for protection of goods and service. especially on large $$$ items.

I look at there grammer- did you all just catch the 2 spelling errors- that's a red flag. Not always but often. Add up all the red flags and use common sense.

Thx Ryan

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I don't get why you would need 25 post to reply to a classified ad. I understand why you need 25 post to start a new classified ad, but i've bought plenty of stuff on rokslide, now all of a sudden I can't post to anything. If you're a scammer, you're going to scam by sending a PM, not necessarily by posting to someone else's thread.

We are working on that too. And look your driving up that post count on this thread:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for trying to do something about the bad guys, I'm like a bunch of other guys, enjoy the info but don't offer much. I do however read the classifieds often and will be talking now, just for when the right thing pops up for me to by. Thanks.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Can someone explain to me the link between "bad spelling and scammers", are they just stupid people who can't spell ( no wonder no one buys my stuff).

pwsINC

WKR
Can someone explain to me the link between "bad spelling and scammers", are they just stupid people who can't spell ( no wonder no one buys my stuff).
I think it's an intentional way to profile. Someone less likely to be disturbed by small details like bad spelling is statistically more likely to fall for a scam. It quickly narrows the prime target list by who responds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pwsINC

WKR
25 posts is something that could happen in an hour. The savings alone found on classifieds merit that time.

Plus it's a pretty enjoyable forum to interact on. Not many if ANY are as troll free.

I know cause even my "borderline" comments have been deleted with a scolding :) :) :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen this on other forums also. On one forum in particular, their limit was 10. It wasn’t uncommon for someone new who wanted to answer a WTS/WTB to post 10 worthless messages in a matter of minutes. Hopefully 25 posts is a high enough bar to keep people from spamming threads for a post count.

There. Now to make 12 more...

Just go find 13 more things to complain about and you’re there. :p

sneaky

"DADDY"
25 posts is nothing! How hard is it to congratulate a fellow hunter who posted a pic of a harvest? How many questions are asked and you know the answer but just keep scrolling?

Be part of the community or sell elsewhere. We go to great lengths to make sure Rokslide is a productive place to post, and ban the trolls. You got nothing to be afraid of, just participate, speak up once in a while. We don’t bite.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll vote for 100 posts. I’d rather have a classified section half the size it is now, but a community of people we actually interact with. Just think, you might see a few hundred less “bumps” a week too.
Ttt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
An email I received

"Been a member here since 2013. True, I do not have many posts, but have bought items on here, and recieved good feedback. My for sale item was removed because i did not have enough posts. I guess you would rather have the scammers who come on and make 100 posts in a couple weeks. Always liked this site, but I'm really offended by your tactics without a little research. No need for a reply."

So you came here and used Rokslide for free! Probably learned a thing or two for FREE. But we are the tyrants! I don't get the logic. Build that wall. HAHA!

We didn't build Rokslide for the classifieds, its simply a byproduct.

I joined one forum that required 50 posts before you could start your own thread if I remember right. It kept out all the "where to hunt" on the first post types.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
An email I received

"Been a member here since 2013. True, I do not have many posts, but have bought items on here, and recieved good feedback. My for sale item was removed because i did not have enough posts. I guess you would rather have the scammers who come on and make 100 posts in a couple weeks. Always liked this site, but I'm really offended by your tactics without a little research. No need for a reply."

So you came here and used Rokslide for free! Probably learned a thing or two for FREE. But we are the tyrants! I don't get the logic. Build that wall. HAHA!

He can be incensed, but he has probably never been burned like some of us.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An email I received

Appreciate what you and all the other mods do for us , keep up the great work. Still the best place to learn and for free , hell of a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.