New rule for posting in the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any little bit helps. Makes it a little harder for guys like me that don't post often but certainly understandable.

COLT45

FNG
Really sucks to hear about anyone getting ripped off. I’ve bought and sold a lot of stuff on here with no issues. I’m not big on posting but I understand how it may stop some the scamming.

Seems like most of the scammers are directly contacting by private message preying on WTB ads. Is there another measure that would combat this?

Trial153

WKR
I agree with the change. I think the classified are an Axillary benefit to the forum, in that the community here is primary.
I don't see a down side in people participating. Futhermore 25 posts isnt a lot to comply with.

I appreciate the work the mods and administrators do on here. Thank you.

twall13

WKR
I've seen this done on another forum as well and honestly 25 posts isn't a lot to ask. Let us get to know you a bit to get comfortable prior to the transaction. I support the change and agree that the classifieds are an auxiliary benefit of the community

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now don’t forget to go read those 25 posts when buying from them. It will give you a good idea if they are legit. It’s not fool proof but you can usually get a decent read on someone by their posts.

colersu22

WKR
Seems like most of the scammers are directly contacting by private message preying on WTB ads. Is there another measure that would combat this?

This seems to be the trend I noticed as well, is there a way to suspend use of private messaging until you have reached x number of posts?

FURMAN

WKR
I’ve started requesting a pic of the item with a piece of paper dated if they are relatively new to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
This will help some, but it wont prevent scammers from targeting WTB adds.

Make sure you're checking post history and activity from anyone you're doing a transaction with. Newly/recently made accounts should get some hesitation from you. Maybe ask for proof of the item using pictures with a slip of paper showing the date and their user name. Even with that info it doesn't mean they'll ship the item.

Always pay Goods and Services on PayPal. That feature is there to help protect you.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

Use your head, and your instincts in all situations. That's the best way to combat it.

I saw on the news the other night that there was some new local scam going around where they try to prey on your emotions, using animals as the bait. I actually laughed out loud, and said "bring it.....let's see what you got".

7JK

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it’s crappy timing for me as I have a bow for sale that I posted yesterday and now I can’t do anything about it. I’ve been living in the rokslide closet since ‘14 and finally came out only to get the door shut on me! Haha but I definitely understand and repect their decisions. I’m just going to have to get out there more.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
25 posts is nothing! How hard is it to congratulate a fellow hunter who posted a pic of a harvest? How many questions are asked and you know the answer but just keep scrolling?

Be part of the community or sell elsewhere. We go to great lengths to make sure Rokslide is a productive place to post, and ban the trolls. You got nothing to be afraid of, just participate, speak up once in a while. We don’t bite.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll vote for 100 posts. I’d rather have a classified section half the size it is now, but a community of people we actually interact with. Just think, you might see a few hundred less “bumps” a week too.

Status
Not open for further replies.