Just an FYI

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Cussing at me because you can't login will not make me work any faster to help you.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've had to drop everything many times to help people log in (many of them with their pants on fire, just sure there is a conspiracy to ban them from the entire internet.) Out of the dozens and dozens I've dealt with, every single one was a member's fault, here the the most common ones:

1) "I registered for Rokslide 30 seconds ago and can't post. WTF!???? what kind of site is this that makes it so difficult for me?!!!?,". ummm, there is an approval process to gain membership, otherwise this place would be covered in Spammers. We do approvals 1-4 times per day, so it could take a few hours. And this is a hunting website so if any season is open, it could take a whole day!!!!!

2) They never answered the auto-generated email that they are approved. This is pretty standard security on the web. If they don't answer it, they can't get in. We can't answer it for them. Also, sometimes it goes into their spam folder, can't change that either, but they can

3) Here is the most common "What's my password?". Geez, do you think we know what your password is???? That would defeat the use of a password, now wouldn't it? Rokslide is just like most websites, you have to recover your own passwords!

There have been a few guys that were such pricks, that we've just never approved them. Like Ryan says, if they're that difficult to deal with when they're not a member, do we really want them on our site? Agreed!

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Robby,

I often discuss the error caused between the chair and the keyboard with colleagues, often known as "ID - 10 - T" errors.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I see it now. I was trying to sound it out. Geez, how ironic the word was idiot too. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I didn't get that one either, and when you explained it , it was so obvious, I really felt like one.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I see it now. I was trying to sound it out. Geez, how ironic the word was idiot too. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's okay, I sit behind a computer all day and you shoot big bucks, earning the monicor "The Legend." We all have different things we're good at :D

I have a pretty good story and good memories about the ID10T cards that we used to tell people they needed to acquire and keep with them when I worked at a chemical weapons incinerator some years ago.

I have a pretty good story and good memories about the ID10T cards that we used to tell people they needed to acquire and keep with them when I worked at a chemical weapons incinerator some years ago.

I think what Rokslide staff should do is sell grid squares to people who have trouble finding there way around the wilderness. They could sell then in bulk to people who are really rude.

And don't get me started on muffler bearings.

Merc

FNG
I think what Rokslide staff should do is sell grid squares to people who have trouble finding there way around the wilderness. They could sell then in bulk to people who are really rude.

And don't get me started on muffler bearings.

We sent a poor LT off for about a 2hr wild goose chase lookin for grid squares, ended up being late to the mission brief because of it. Then again, you can't spell "lost" with out LT.