Who’s out there getting it done?

Fitzwho

WKR
Got my New Mexico Pronghorn on ice by 10:00am yesterday.

47d5a51938830f8353bb55acda6cc4ab.jpg

9602c7c6a32c090f63dc098e0a86d895.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

Fitzwho

WKR
ssliger. Nice Pronghorn! You’re working harder than me. My goat was the first buck we got closer than 500 yards. Tried a couple stalks with a cow decoy and they’d start running by the time we got to 600 yards. Dumped him and watched him hit the ground in the scope of my Creedmoor at 474 yards. Found what was left of my 143 ELDX in the offside ribs while getting him quartered up.

I’ve got a muzzleloader Pronghorn tag in Colorado in September and then I’ll be up in Wyoming Unit 16 with 2 buddies trying to get each of them their first goat and me my (hopefully) 3rd of the season.

Last edited:

ssliger

WKR
ssliger. Nice Pronghorn! You’re working harder than me. My goat was the first buck we got closer than 500 yards. Tried a couple stalks with a cow decoy and they’d start running by the time we got to 600 yards. Dumped him and watched him hit the ground in the scope of my Creedmoor at 474 yards. Found what was left of my 143 ELDX in the offside ribs while getting him quartered up.

I’ve got a muzzleloader Pronghorn tag in Colorado in September and then I’ll be up in Wyoming Unit 16 with 2 buddies trying to get each of them their first goat and me my (hopefully) 3rd of the season.

Thanks, even a blind squirrel finds a nut someday. Good luck.

Wyoming archery antelope. First goat ever. He taped out at 79-3/8”. He has over 7” bases and second mass measurements. Just misssed Boone and Crockett but easy Pope and Young.
02018875f61a840da9c7591a711e56fc.jpg

c511ccc0ff63a31410f7f9bc955eb55b.jpg

Last edited:

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Well done gentlemen. I've two Wyoming tags burning a hole in my pocket. Headed out early Oct. Now you guys have me wanting to take my bow as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
F

Fitzwho

WKR
Quick turn around taxidermy. He taped out at around 66 5/8, I had him guessed right at 70, he had that really classic heart shape that I couldn’t pass up. And I will never let a shank go to waist into burger ever again... Pronghorn Osso Buco with mushrooms, potatoes, and Carrots.

d8f0c000a1508dbc870c029f63657b42.jpg
1746849d9a2f5267cff94d0fdcfa4d7e.jpg

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
We hunted last week in Wyoming. First pronghorn hunt for both of us. The second day I had a large P&Y buck come in but I made a noise and he moved off too far to shoot. As I waited on him as the evening was fading, five bucks came in to my waterhole. I took the biggest of the bunch at 12 yards. He taped out at 66 6/8 also. Just shy but was so much fun. We ate antelope loin kebabs marinated in Korean BBQ sauce last night. The kids loved it. What a beautiful animal and so much fun to watch on the plains.View attachment 78393

BigMuleyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work fellas! I'm planning on taking my daughter along with me this year for her first hunting experience. I never thought I would be so stoked to go antelope hunting! She's only 3 so we might not be getting too far from the pickup, but it should be fun! Good luck everyone!

Jimbo V

WKR
Connected with my muzzleloader yesterday morning, didn’t get any grip and grins since I was solo in hot weather with no shade.
8b78185535449092cd4876656d8bfbbd.jpg
37aa2a78ab714deae42d55d4f8b93474.jpg

topher89

WKR
Great thread!

The draw here in CO was not good to me but I have a doe tag for October and a second for December. Always my favorite hunt of the year.

manitou1

WKR
Beautiful goats guys.
I agree... Osso Buco is one of my favs from deer or prongorn.
I am ate up with pronghorn. Just amazing animals... and beautiful. Fun to hunt and they live in awesome places.
I have five tags to burn this fall myself.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Harvested a meat buck with a solid body on him. Had hoped to locate a nice one and be a bit more selective scouting the day before opener but conditions in the area and things were a bit wonky and couldn't find much on public (saw a very nice buck but it of course never left private). Spent a couple days running patchwork, hiking into pockets, glassing and getting sun burnt. First night I finally closed on a decent buck that had came far enough onto public and within my range but it was the last 5min of shooting light. I was looking at 2 antelope one of which I knew was the decent buck and the other I hadn't previously seen so I didn't know what it was and sadly I had ditched my binos to rapidly close the distance on them and my rangefinder couldn't gather enough light to confidently confirm I would be shooting a buck so I had to back out. With very little light left on day 2 after a day of looking I spotted a lope in the distance, raced down a road and ditched the truck out of view and ran the back of a ridge, poked over to a buck staring at me with 10min left and put'm down. Ran back to the truck in fading light to retrieve pack and headlamp, got'm broken down and on ice in the dark, found a nice shed making my way back to the truck in the dark and relaxed for the night to happily sleep in. Leaving the next day I saw a lope (likely one of the decent bucks I had been watching) working onto the bit of public I was on the first night, oh well we needed a freezer reload promptly and better to have one in the cooler in that case. :)

bI73Gy7.jpg