Great time with the kids!

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
We took our kids out to have a good time and make a trophy memory. It was a success. We found this buck and his bigger brother the night before. We dropped into the basin and this guy gave us an opportunity, and the wife took it. With restless 4 and 6 year old boys, and antelope that were flighty even by antelope standards, we weren’t going to pass the opportunity.

Can’t wait the get it cleaned up and on the wall on a Dead On Display skull hanger so we can relive the trophy size memory everyday.

teh fam.jpg

Cami goat.jpg

Skull.jpg

kids.jpg

Gaot.jpg

Last edited:

Mac7

WKR
Very cool, looks like the boys dig it. Congrats to the wife on a nice buck.

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! We're doing the same trip next month, and I cant wait. My wife, her dad, and I have tags and were being the kids, 10, 6, and 3. I hope we're as fortunate.

OP
paddlehead

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Stoked for you! My boys are 6 and 4. They loved it. They do get a little restless, but this hunt was more about having fun and getting the kids interested than killing a monster. Luckily, some lucky scouting the few days before opener, and the only cooperative antelope we saw, and some luck all made it possible.

Im cleaning up the head this week. Cant wait to get it up on the wall so the boys can tell everyone about the antelope "they shot."

archp625

WKR
Very awesome. I love reading stories like this. My little boy is 6 months old and I cannot wait to take him on trips out west. That is a great lope. I would shoulder mount him.