Ecology/hunting literature

Wanting to learn as much about pronghorn as I can and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for any literature such as books, magazines, scientific articles on ecology/hunting the speed goats of North America.

Thanks in advance for the replies

amp713

WKR
Mike Eastman has a book out that is a pretty good bit of info I believe it's called hunting trophy antelope ha

Bryan B

FNG
Built for Speed: A Year in the Life of Pronghorn by John A. Byers is a good read.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second "Built for Speed" by John Byers. I read everything Byers ever wrote before seeing him give a talk on Pronghorn mating strategies. He does a very good job of relating everything he has learned in his long career in an understandable and conversational way. "Built for Speed" does ramble away from the subject of pronghorn at times. This isn't a necessarily a bad thing, the asides about grasshoppers and meadowlarks do a good job of describing what it's like to be out on the National Bison Range.

"American Pronghorn: Ghosts of Predators Past" is another excellent book of his that is more specifically and consistently about pronghorn.

"American Serengeti" by Dan Flores has a chapter on pronghorn in it, but a lot of the material in that chapter is just describing Byers' research. It's still worth reading in my opinion.

Bryan B

FNG
Antelope Country: Pronghorns: The Last Americans by Val Geist has a lot of good info.

nv_hunter

FNG
I had Byers for an animal behavior course at the University of Idaho. The guy is a great biologist and great writer.