Wyoming Area 2

Is there public land in Hunt area 2, where Antelope are abundant ? Key word, abundant. Not miles in, Maybe a few hundred yards in, for a solo elderly hunter.

Very Late season, like the last week. Not looking for a trophy, just late season meat.

AARONB

FNG
I'm not familiar with unit 2, but in general hunting pressure is usually minimal late in the season and the animals start relaxing compared to the first week, so that should work in your favor. I recommend either scouting from the car for animals where the stalk will be short or the terrain is easy to walk on; or set up a blind and sit. You may also be able to get permission on private ground late in the season, that you couldn't earlier. I wouldn't hesitate to call some landowners.

I realize my response isn't exactly what you're asking, but your question is hard to answer. If there was a spot like you are looking for it probably isn't that way now, after the first week of the season. Plus most people aren't going to give that information out on a public forum or have first hand knowledge on the day to day antelope numbers for a given property to confidently answer your question. Good luck, I hope you have fun and a successful hunt!

wyosteve

WKR
One other thing to keep in mind--depending on weather to some degree, later in the season the antelope start herding up to move to winter grounds so it could be feast or famine.