Where to Start with Antelope?

Kmarkwardt

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to start chasing antelope in the fall of 2019, but I have no clue where to begin.

I’m in North Idaho and don’t want to burn my big game draw on a chance for in state here.

Do I scour gohunt for info and put in for Montana and Wyoming on a unit that sounds right?

Couple things:
- any legal animal would be nice to start with in my opinion. Definitely would prefer to hunt bucks vs does, but maybe not

- I shoot a bow, so that’s an option too, but I’m really looking to get some under my belt before I start making things more challenging. Though I know that opens up a lot of MT

- I bought a single preference point in both mt and wy this year.

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I think your over thinking things. Pick a couple of units in WY that you can draw and put in for a tag next year. If your only looking for any buck there are probably 50 units that you can draw with a point and have plenty of public land. Draw the tag and go hunt.

AARONB

FNG
Wyoming Game & Fish Dept. has a Hunt Planner web app. that is a good place to start. They also post reports on drawing odds for each unit. If you don't already use OnX, I recommend getting it. I won't go out of state without it.