CO 2018 speedgoat buck

rm06

WKR
I was lucky enough to get this one opening morning. The landowner also had a taller buck around that he was saving for himself but it was much narrower. I'm very happy with this proud buck and if given the choice would have taken him over the taller one anyway, I have a place picked out for him already but now I get to wait for the taxidermist. I'm a big fan of the meat so I usually get a doe tag and this is only my second buck, the first one was pretty small but a broadside gift at less than 150 yards I felt I couldn't pass up.

This one had a busy morning with the ladies and chasing off one medium sized satellite and two small bucks. He took a long rest of about 20-30 minutes (anyone who's been in this situation knows how much longer that feels) before getting up to feed. I put him down with a single shot at 334 yards.

18goat.jpg

Obviously I'm pretty excited about this one and wanted to share with some fellow enthusiasts.

Last edited:

jimney

FNG
Congrats, beautiful buck! This was my first year going after the goats (in Wyoming) and I had a great, memorable trip! I didn't take a monster, but got a buck who will be on my wall by the end of the year.

topher89

WKR
Great buck! I am like you, I usually get a doe tag but I saw some great bucks this year. I think I may try for a buck tag next year.

OP
rm06

rm06

WKR
Thanks for the compliments. The unit I hunt usually takes a point to draw a buck, sometimes two and I've seen zero. I will probably just take does for a while now that I've been lucky enough to harvest this bad boy.

My buddy who I hunt with most opened the season at 6:59 AM last Saturday filling his doe tag and I was with my brother last evening when he closed down the season with his doe. Pretty cool week. I enjoy helping friends and family almost as much as filling my own tags.