1st Archery Antelope

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
In early Sept 2018 I was able to put an arrow through my first antelope. All spot/stalk, in Wyoming. Wish I had better photos, but the 90 degree heat compelled me to get him cut up right away. Overnight, a neighborhood dog stole the skull and chewed it up pretty bad, but we managed to recover it a day later by asking around.

1st antelope.jpg
skull.jpg

frankrb3

WKR
Extremely challenging target species with a bow. Congratulations on what I’m sure feels like a very rewarding and successful hunt.

rm06

WKR
I love bow hunting for elk and deer and it is my primary means of attempting to take them. The patience and skill of trying to take a pronghorn with a bow seems elusive to me and I salute anyone who has the fortitude and patience to do so, whether making an epic stalk through scant cover or waiting them out in a blind.

Nice buck and I'm glad you were able to recover the trophy!

OP
Dadnstuff

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
I love bow hunting for elk and deer and it is my primary means of attempting to take them. The patience and skill of trying to take a pronghorn with a bow seems elusive to me and I salute anyone who has the fortitude and patience to do so, whether making an epic stalk through scant cover or waiting them out in a blind.

Nice buck and I'm glad you were able to recover the trophy!

Thanks! And thanks everyone for the congrats. Yeah they provide a difficult stalk, but at least in Wyoming you have the opportunity to make many stalk attempts a day. So many lopes out there, and scenery is icing on the cake.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
That's a beautiful animal. How did you close the distance to get into bow range? I've only ever hunted antelope with a rifle and really want to try with a bow next year.

junior

WKR
nice. ive resorted to doe rifle tags the last 3 years, maybe next year ill buckle down and put more time into getting it done with my bow. definitely on the list

BenFrank

FNG
Antelope seems like the ultimate spot and stalk critter. Definitely a goal of mine. Congrats!

JJE2MTB

FNG
Great job. Archery Antelope hunting is challenging and so much fun. Definitely a hard earned trophy