New Antelope Hunter

Etrain90

FNG
Hey guys. New to antelope hunting. I'm from south Florida so I'm way out of my comfort zone. I have a buddy that lives in Fort Collins, CO. We are looking into hunting southeast Wyoming in the 2019 season. Any idea of easy to draw units in that region? Any other advice is appreciated.

Fitzwho

WKR
As far as SE goes you are going to be very limited if you don't already have a couple points, unless you go in the Special draw and that still isn't going to give you a bunch of options. You have 7 days to get on WYG&F website and buy a point for antelope if you haven't already.

jimney

FNG
Here is a list of the Units with first, second and third choice success. You will need to research research research, but I just did my first hunt in E WY and my hunting buddy and I both got our buck the first morning. Not saying it's guaranteed by any means, but lots of research, time on the phone with Game and Fish, reading these forums is all helpful.
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing%20Odds/DRAW_ANT_RD_NONRESSP_2018.pdf
You will find a lot of individual Unit help on the website, where you can look at draw odds with or without points as well as success rates. Surf it, but this link will be very helpful - Click on the individual units and look at the "more info" portion.
Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Antelope Map

muddydogs

WKR
Is the draw for 2019 season already going on? Looking into next fall.

No but you can purchase a bonus point for future drawings until Oct 31st so you and your buddy need to each purchase one which will help with the 2019 draw and if not drawn in 2019 then having 2 points, point for 2018 and 2019, will really help in the 2020 draw. Points cost $30 ish.

We applied for unit 34 this year. In 2017 there was a 99% chance of drawing that unit with one point. We didn't draw and the odds this year dropped to 53% for one point. Not real sure why. I don't think that was a particularly good unit. Make sure you're going off of this year's draw info.
I haven't looked around too much, but I'm curious if other units experienced such a high point creep like this one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk