Hoyt Archery 2019 Rumors?????

SUMMIT75

WKR
Anyone heard anything or suspect anything?????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
Saw some pictures of the new Nitrux on instagram yesterday which seems to be a mid year release. Looks like it uses the current powermax riser, aluminum limb pockets, similar roller guide to the hyperforce and RX1's, and a new cam.

Heard from a guy that shot the Nitrux yesterday that they aren't any better or any worse than what Hoyt has out this year...said it's just kind of "blah".

jmez

WKR
They won't change much of anything for next year. They will make a few insignificant tweaks to the RX line and market the hell out of them.

bsnedeker

WKR
Really how much more advanced can archery equipment get?

You should bookmark this quote and come back to it every 10 years or so for a laugh! I'm willing to put any amount of money that bows in 10-20 years will be like comparing today's bows to those from the 90's. Progress!

bsnedeker

WKR
I hear that they’ll have limbs, axles, cams, a riser, and a string/cables.

I hear that they are eliminating the axles, cams, and cables and building ALL of that right into the limbs and just one string! I guess you just pull back the string and the spring tension in the limbs takes care of everything for you!

NDGuy

WKR
I bet I could find an old round wheel bow on Craigslist for you to shoot a couple of times beside your current set up so you could answer that question for yourself ;)

I am talking about between now and future not today's bows and one from 30 years ago. What more could you make better? More expensive stronger material? Design?

I guess I just don't buy there will be something groundbreaking that will push the envelope way ahead of where we are now.

NDGuy

WKR
You should bookmark this quote and come back to it every 10 years or so for a laugh! I'm willing to put any amount of money that bows in 10-20 years will be like comparing today's bows to those from the 90's. Progress!

What would be something groundbreaking that is yet to come out for a compound bow? All of these changes lately seem like little tweaks, how much more performance is unlockable? I am honestly curious since I am ignorant of bow technology.

bsnedeker

WKR
What would be something groundbreaking that is yet to come out for a compound bow? All of these changes lately seem like little tweaks, how much more performance is unlockable? I am honestly curious since I am ignorant of bow technology.

I'm certainly not going to post my groundbreaking bow insights on the internet!!! My point is: Technology improves over time. Whether the change is incremental, or earth-shattering things will change for the better. Over 10-20 years those incremental changes add up. Ease of draw, torque control, anchor indicators, speed...these are all places where today's compounds can and will improve. And that is by no means the entire list.

HookUp

WKR
If Hoyt would make their listed IBO that would be a nice change. Maybe they bring out the 4" brace bow height for the Hammered crowd.

Brendan

WKR
If Hoyt would make their listed IBO that would be a nice change. Maybe they bring out the 4" brace bow height for the Hammered crowd.
Make it? My RX1 Ultra is shooting over its rating. All depends where on the cam you are though...

Last edited:

Tilzbow

WKR

Hoyt doesn’t use IBO, they use ATA. Every Hoyt I’ve had since 2006 made its advertised speed.