Serve A Bowstring

OR Archer

WKR
It’s not as hard as people make it. Just be mindful not all string builders serve their strings in the same direction. If served incorrectly it’ll cause your peep to roll terribly and you’ll need to start over.

LDJ

FNG
I just saw this video too. I need to replace my serving soon and will be doing it myself.

Any recommendations on whats the best type of serving to use? A quick search on google and BCY Powergrip was a popular choice.

I have a Hoyt RX1, would the .018 be a good fit for the Easton X nock?

Thanks

I just saw this video too. I need to replace my serving soon and will be doing it myself.

Any recommendations on whats the best type of serving to use? A quick search on google and BCY Powergrip was a popular choice.

I have a Hoyt RX1, would the .018 be a good fit for the Easton X nock?

Thanks

I have a Hoyt Hyperforce, so the string is the same, assuming you’re running a stock fuse string. I just re-served with BCY 62XS .018” and my Easton X nocks fit perfectly. I am using one of the $14 serving tools that is built the same as Dudley’s and it worked like a charm.

Gumbo

WKR
It can be done without any tools once you have the hang of it.

I'm no expert, but I'd speculate that a serving tool gets you far tighter, more consistent wraps, thus leading to less serving separation and longer serving life. I usually end up re-serving my strings a handful of times before replacing them.

Wrench

WKR
When you think about how tight you can get the termination end....which is all done by hand, imagine taking three wraps and working it tight. Wide stack the serving then pull it tight and repeat. It's not as fast for sure.....but it most certainly can be done just as well.