Sevr broadheads test

All, i was a big fan of the Ulmers so it was a must for me to pick up some of the new Sevr heads. needing a confidence booster before elk season i ran to my bf's place in South Texas yesterday. they took their sweet time but the hogs finally piled in right at midnite. wanting to challenge the head i intentional picked out a nice stout sow (175 lbs) with an inch of dried mud caked to her sides, she was quartered to me making the level of difficulty even better. i settled the pin on the point of her shoulder and hammered her! the blood soaked arrow was laying about 10' past where she was standing. we trailed her about 75yds. the arrow entered the point of the shoulder, passed thru 1 lung, centered the heart, then the liver, then all the nasty stuff that lives behind the liver exiting the off side flank. nice big 2" gash on both sides. I'll definitely be shooting these heads come sept

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I will hopefully be sending one through an AZ muley this weekend. I love the construction and how true they spin. Pretty stoked to use em.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
One downside I have noticed is the deployment wings are to close to the tip. When you put in your quiver you can't push the head into the foam piece because the head wants to deploy. I loved the originals and the practice screw is so great. I bought the 13 pack but they need to prove themselves.

OP
Hoytman 88
I have a tight spot so i cut a piece of 1" foam to fit and took my havlon and put a slit where the heads fit. i hold the blades closed at the O-ring and slide em up in, it holds them nice and snug. i shot a spike bull at 51yds. the head lodged in the off side shoulder and smashed him in his tracks. he was kickin around so i slammed him again right in the top of the withers centering the spine. it took some work to get both arrows loose, and to my surprise the heads were not damaged in any way. I resharpened them n put em back in the quiver.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Good idea to add some foam, I have a tight spot as well.

So good results with one mule deer. Hit him far back when deer was quartered away. It almost exited other side but hung up on the hide. Photo is exit hole and seemed larger than two inches.

Deer went about 50 yards and was dead in about 10 seconds.20180826_142031.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Hoytman 88
i tipped 2 whitey does over with them Saturday morning, i've taken 4 animals so far with no regrets...
however i do regret that i am still unable to load pics

BradS

FNG
Looking at getting the 1.5 or 2.1. anyone have any experience with these on elk? shooting a 500 gn arrow at about 275fps.

I got some as well. What are your guys thoughts on practice mode and then and shooting those same blades at an animal after shooting a target without replacing them? They made a post saying they would change the blades out before hunting. To me, kinda takes away one of the most appealing things about them (that you can practice with the same head you hunt with)

I touch up my blades after shooting them a few times. Don’t replace unless damaged. They are easy to pull out and run over a stone or sharpener.