Arrow spinning

I just got an arrow spinning tool as part of my quest to get serious about owning my gear setup. The video below is my first go at spinning an arrow. These are Black Eagle Rampages with their half-out (not glued yet) and 200gr Cutthroat head. How does it look?

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Looks like it has a little wobble. I’d try squaring the end of the shaft a little better. But you’re close

OR Archer

WKR
I use a Firenock arrow squaring tool but there’s plenty of less expensive options out there that’ll work well.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought spinner myself and a G5 ASD to square them off. Seems to work OK from what I can tell.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've never used an arrow spinner. I've always spun them in my hand.

Can you see a wobble on a spinner as slight as one you can feel?

Thanks

Btaylor

WKR
I've never used an arrow spinner. I've always spun them in my hand.

Can you see a wobble on a spinner as slight as one you can feel?

Thanks

Dont own a spinner but have watched a bunch be spun on various spinners and I would say yes. Spinner also allows you remove the variable of an imperfect head.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Dont own a spinner but have watched a bunch be spun on various spinners and I would say yes. Spinner also allows you remove the variable of an imperfect head.

I've only spun them with a broadhead on. I've been lucky. I've never had any issues with getting them to spin true. I could see where it may be beneficial to spin them without a head.

Spin them in my hand as an old habit from the aluminium arrow days checking for bent shafts.

No need for carbon. Have never seen a reason to...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was pulling my hair out with tuning this summer when I finally put all the arrows I was using on a spinner. Wow! Every one of them wobbles.....with or without heads, and they all have HIT's in them so no outsert to blame. These are all arrows that were fine this Spring, but after a bunch of shooting they certainly aren't straight anymore. These are GT Kinetic XT 200's with .003" straightness and I had the shop put them on their spine and straightness tester. Every one of them was now above .005". I shoot them at full 30" length. I tested a few of the new ones I have sitting here and they're fine, they spin true. But I guess they don't hold that straightness very well. I have other arrows that I've shot since 2008 and they still spin true. Ya, an arrow spinner is pretty handy if you're a perfectionist.

Looks like it has a little wobble. I’d try squaring the end of the shaft a little better. But you’re close

Are you looking at the broadhead end or shaft on the other side of the rollers? How can you tell its not a little wobble induced by his hand rolling it?

I'm obviously new to this :D

OR Archer

WKR
I look at the whole front. Yes you can induce wobble but the arrow normally stabilizes itself and you can then look for wobble.

OP
Boxerboxer
I look at the whole front. Yes you can induce wobble but the arrow normally stabilizes itself and you can then look for wobble.

Right. You can minimize the effects by putting your finger directly over the rollers and as noted, any effect of your hand goes away very quickly after you let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk