Quick bow balancing question

jm1607

WKR
So I'm playing with my front and side bar weights...

Do I want front and back to be about as balanced as possible so it virtually doesn't move after I shoot or do I want it to have a gentle front tilt/lean forward after the shot?

Also, when balancing the quiver, would you rather is be perfectly balanced but about 1/2lb heavier (total bow weight) or would you rather it be better balanced than factory but still quite a ways away from perfectly balanced?

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn’t matter what the bow does after the shot. You should get your stabs set up to eliminate or slow down your sight picture as much as possible and get your bubble to settle quickly.

TheTone

WKR
So I'm playing with my front and side bar weights...

Do I want front and back to be about as balanced as possible so it virtually doesn't move after I shoot or do I want it to have a gentle front tilt/lean forward after the shot?

Also, when balancing the quiver, would you rather is be perfectly balanced but about 1/2lb heavier (total bow weight) or would you rather it be better balanced than factory but still quite a ways away from perfectly balanced?

With the way I hunt I would much rather deal with a bow thats 1/2 lb lighter but not as perfectly balanced.

im the complete opposite. id much rather carry an extra 8 ozs and have a more comfortable shot when it counts .

I agree completely. I debated this over and over this off-season. When it came down to it, I had 2 oz out front and 4 oz down low right by the back of the cam. I settled into the shot much faster than in the past and my confidence was intense before I touched it off. I’ll carry the weight. It was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
I'll use whatever it takes to have the bow hold like a rock on target. With my past parallel limbed bows, at the shot, they don't move any way.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I would set it up to whatever feels the most comfortable to you and allows you to shoot most accurately. Some people like it to have a gentle tilt forward, some like it to not move. Whatever works best for you. Neither is wrong.

In answer to the second question, I would definitely go heavier and better balanced. My bow was almost a full pound heavier this year. Didn't notice any difference carrying it around (4-8 miles a day), but definitely felt a whole lot more solid on the shot.