For the love of...

S.Clancy

WKR
This probably belongs in the archery tab, so send it there if you must, but I wanted to put this out on the General Forum. For the love of all things holy people, buy some damned archery software. Most of the charts you see for arrow spine to draw length and weight are GARBAGE. Most of the good softwares are around $40 (I use the PinWheel), and they will literally save you $100's of dollars on arrows and components and an unbelievable amount of time when you go shoot broad heads. A reasonably tuned bow with the proper arrow setup WILL shoot most fixed blade broad heads and field points exactly the same unless you're shooting 1) a really, really fast bow (I shoot 290-295 fps, no problem with fixed blade broad head flight) or 2) shoot a really, really long ways.

blkqi

WKR
In my experience, proper broadhead tuning for a compound shooter has way more to do with proper form and bow setup than arrow selection. Select an arrow that is sufficiently stiff and shoot a bareshaft until your centershot and nock point are perfect.

Don't get me wrong, I love the software too, but I am also aware of the fact that its primary benefit is to appease my inner geek.

Boreal

WKR
A subscription to Archers Advantage Online is only $12/year. About as easy as you can get setting up the software for your particular bow, and makes selecting arrow spine, length, tips, vanes, etc. easy. Knowing you have the right arrow makes tuning the bow that much easier.