Valkyrie Practice Arrows

Hey, fairly new to bowhunting. I run VAPs at 70# and they almost pass through my block target sometimes. I want to try out the Valkyrie broadheads but do their penetration benefits translate over to their field points? What do you guys running them do to keep them from passing through your practice targets, or is this a nonissue?

Mercyme

Banned
They work good. Penetrate very well and stay sharp even after they hit bone.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a block target and was running into the same thing with my VAPs from my 70# bow. I got a Matrix target and the Block works perfectly for holding it up.

Matrix Targets Modular Archery Target System

Exactly same thing!! vaps out of 70lb bow, I had to put a horse stall mat for my backdrop to stop my arrows when passing through. Now my block is an expensive prop for my matrix. vaps go in 6 inches max.

Cant say enough good things about my matrix, other then it weighs a tone! lol

Boreal

WKR
Cant say enough good things about my matrix said:
That's the truth! But even with all my broadheads (Solid Legend 125, Iron Will 125, Gravedigger), the Matrix stops them cold and they pull out easy. The center dot on one hex is pretty shot out (can't even see the white any more), but arrows won't go through. I started putting 1" splatter dots from my rifle targets on the Matrix to give me more points to aim.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
Short answer; Get a newer target.

On my new-ishMorell small block (maybe 10" deep), I get the tips sticking out the back side from one to four inches. If you're shooting on a larger target, you won't run into that problem until it's pretty shot up. I have had more than a couple complete pass-throughs on my Block target but only where it's shot up. All that said, I'd encourage you to give Valkyrie a try. They're spendy, but easily the best arrow system being made right now.

Attachments

• PT1.jpg
    PT1.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 8
  • PT2.jpg
    PT2.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 8