Sitting vs Standing?

Ray P

FNG
Hey all! New guy here, probably with stupid questions? This is my first year hunting from ground blinds mostly. Logically been practicing shooting from a chair. Can anyone offer an explanation as to why all my arrows shoot 6" to the left while sitting? If I stand up and shoot with my feet in same position, bullseye! I am right handed by the way.

WJS23

WKR
I would say that you are not sitting straight up you probably hunched over and leaning in. Keep you back straight and engage your lats will help with that.

Btaylor

WKR
I would say that you are not sitting straight up you probably hunched over and leaning in. Keep you back straight and engage your lats will help with that.

That and wrist torque would be my guess as well. If the chair you are using makes you need to lean out for clearance you could be getting a good amount of torque at the bow wrist. Might need to try a different seat that lets you keep better form.

bat-cave

WKR
A first hand knucklehead of the month recipient speaking (me) - My first shot out of the blind at an animal (Turkey) went 6" low. Second arrow ... also 6" low (WTF) ... 3rd arrow (yes, I was lucky and got off 3 before he left range) I shot my 30 yd pin vs 20 yd and pinwheeled him. My problem ... in the darkness of the blind, I somehow manged to look UNDER my peep! Doh! replaced it on a target .... 6" low. Don't do what I did! :) Oh and yes, I shot the beard clean off the bird with my first miss and it would have been a nice beard ... he still tasted great.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I imagine in the blind you would have the ability to shoot from your knees. You could always give that a try. Shooting sitting just has never felt comfortable to me, so I shoot from my knees and there is no point of impact shift. I actually prefer shooting on my knees to standing a lot of the time, especially if its windy.