Article on Broadhead Selection

three5x5s

WKR
Enjoyed the article, had no idea that single bevel performed that much different that double. Good info for me as I'm short draw lower poundage. Thanks for sharing.

DavePwns

WKR
Thanks for sharing, I've decided a very good steel single bevel 2 blade broadhead is what I want, considering bone is the important part of an animal to penetrate in order to improve penetration. I'm just not sure which one will fly the best to maximize accuracy in windy conditions

OP
Bowhuntr64
Thanks for sharing, I've decided a very good steel single bevel 2 blade broadhead is what I want, considering bone is the important part of an animal to penetrate in order to improve penetration. I'm just not sure which one will fly the best to maximize accuracy in windy conditions

The one with the lowest profile in flight is made by Bishop Archery--The Scientific Method. There are vids on YouTube of it popping balloons at 326 yards out of a crossbow. They three of them in the 100 and 125 gr category, all exactly the same specs but made with different steels, based on your wallet size. I've tested over a dozen different single bevel heads (you can see the vids on my Channel) and the Bishop is by far the best.

bsnedeker

WKR
The one with the lowest profile in flight is made by Bishop Archery--The Scientific Method. There are vids on YouTube of it popping balloons at 326 yards out of a crossbow. They three of them in the 100 and 125 gr category, all exactly the same specs but made with different steels, based on your wallet size. I've tested over a dozen different single bevel heads (you can see the vids on my Channel) and the Bishop is by far the best.
Holy ####, 100 bucks a piece! I thought Valkyrie were spendy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
Thanks for doing all the testing and posting the videos to help guys choose broadheads. Maybe I missed it but have you done much with the RMS Cutthroat and have any thoughts on it compared to an Iron Will?

OP
Bowhuntr64
Thanks for doing all the testing and posting the videos to help guys choose broadheads. Maybe I missed it but have you done much with the RMS Cutthroat and have any thoughts on it compared to an Iron Will?

I have tested both quite a bit. The Cutthroats are really good heads, but the IWs are in a completely different class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
I have tested both quite a bit. The Cutthroats are really good heads, but the IWs are in a completely different class.

Do you have any videos on how to make a stout arrow for improved durability?

OP
Bowhuntr64
Do you have any videos on how to make a stout arrow for improved durability?

I don't. But I can tell you the most durable thing I've found is an Easton Hexx with a 5-7" aluminum shaft glued over it as a footer. I have shot that arrow into concrete and steel flat bars many times before it breaks.

Link13

FNG

Thanks for the article brother! Could you clarify what puts the IWs in a different class? I've got a buddy that really likes Cutthroats so I've been looking into a heavier single bevel type broadhead, but this realm is all pretty new to me.