What range finder do you guys recommend?

WJS23

WKR
Sitting in my stand tonight my range finder craps out on me. It’s a leupold RX-full draw I have had it for about 5 years now and this is the 4th product from them that I have stop working. So now I’m in the market for something new and don’t know if I want to get another leupold.

I have had 2 leupold .
They are great for archery
Leica is another too quality set up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
WJS23

WJS23

WKR
How long have you had your leupolds for? I have really liked my range finder up until now is 5 years about the shelf life of the electronics and I know the full draw wasn’t their top line

First one (Rx1200) was 7 yrs, and I lost it in the desert on a hunt. I got the RX1600 ( I think it is). I have used it on 3 hunts so far and no issues and I expect none.
My Leica is an expensive 1600 series, red LED read out and good for both hunting longer distances as well as archery. I also have a high end Long Range finder for extreme distances. I have to say the Leupold for archery is perfect for me.

i got the new vortex 1300. its faster than the previous generation model and i like it. I had a redfield (leupold) crap out on me too and they gave me another one at a discount even though it was a couple months past warranty but i sold it so i could get the vortex instead. i figured with the rangefinders id rather have a lifetime warranty than a 2 year one.

Leupold RX1600i now. Works great. Talk to Leupold...they will good deal you on a new one even if out of warranty on the old unit. My old RX1000i was having display issues after 6 seasons of hard use, including use daily around the house build. Got the replacement and am super happy with it. They are great archery rangefinders and mine will range at least to 1400 yards on rocks in the mountains...just did it a week ago.

OP
WJS23

WJS23

WKR
Thanks guy I’m going to take a look at the Sig and the Vortex. Its getting old having to send stuff back to leupold.