Day Six Arrows

chasewild

WKR
Has anyone put these through the ringer yet? Mostly, in terms of consistency and tuning. Anyone shot a bunch through a hooter?

Nalgene

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a dz today. Brian emailed answers to questions in 5 min and they give a military discount. They get my trade.

bsnedeker

WKR
Ordered a dz today. Brian emailed answers to questions in 5 min and they give a military discount. They get my trade.
Brian is awesome! I emailed a question about spine and rather than try to respond via email he just called me up to explain in more detail, we talked for probably 10 minutes about my setup... great guy! He's got my business for sure!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MTSabo

WKR
What are you guys using for outserts with these arrows? I ordered a dozen of the 300 spine arrows and installed the 50gr Aluminum Outserts. I have had several of them pull off when removing them from my block target using field points. I remember Frank saying in the Kifarucast gear podcast that he was using the Easton Titanium Outserts.

Did you or install them or did you order them installed? Either way id call brian maybe there is a better glue to use if you did the install. Im waiting on my order still.

MTSabo

WKR
I got my order today. I found them super easy to tune. They shot absolutely fantastic out of my bow. Only problem I had was my block target wont hold them. Old arrows would stop no problem but with these it wasn't happening.

bat-cave

WKR
I am using the 50 Gr outsert from DaySix. I shot a buck this AM and he was quartering away hard. Tipped with a 125gr IronWill ... complete pass through. I am very impressed with the penetration! The arrow and broadhead (minus end to end blood) look like new. I've been an FMJ fan for years and based upon past experience am not not confident I would have ended up with an arrow I expect to shoot again. Small sample size to be certain, but I'm a happy DaySix + IronWill Customer. I used some Epoxy from a set of Easton FMJ's .. no issue with my outserts.

I built them out for my trad bow, i used the 100 grain outsert with the pin insert and put a 125 grain head on the front. Tuned great out of my widow. I liked them so much that I am going to use the 300 spine with the 50 grain outsert with the pin insert for my compound for elk. One of the guys at rms gear said he sent one head on into a rock and it broke the field point but the arrow was perfect, he replaced the field point and was shooting the same arrow again no issues. Brian is a great guy to deal with super helpful.

Zac

WKR
I am shooting the 250 spine with the center pin. The centerpin is optional and is not really needed, just adds weight, the shaft is already super tough as it is. I wasn't real impressed with how they spun. I would guess they are a .003, however about three of them spun perfectly. However the spine consistency is near perfect after putting them on the spine tester. Brian told me that I didn't need to spine index or bare shaft tune so I didn't. I'm runnin three Blazers on a L one degree offset. All of them shot perfectly through paper at 6 feet. I'm not sure of the exact length, probably 28.5ish. So came out at 544 grains with 100 grain head. Changed to the Deep Six Easton nocks as well. The ones that come with the shafts appear to be very cheap, lots of bubbles in them and they didn't even stay on my string. The shafts took some very intense sanding before the outserts would go on the shafts. All the outserts are the same size, so there is some variability in fit with the different spines. I also had to play around with field tips because the threads are extremely tight. However all my Iron Wills screwed in perfectly, Brian says this is by design. I would like to see a little more consistency is the concentricity in the future and outserts that match the specific shaft diameter. I think Bill from Iron Will may make some sort of custom footer for these shafts in the future. Sorry if this was ranty, hope it helps.