To the guys that shoot 80lb bows

S.Clancy

WKR
What kind of strings do you use? I've shot Vapor Trail and JBK not entirely happy with either. Compared to when I shot 70lbs, I seem to go through strings at a faster rate, which I guess makes sense; higher poundage, higher tensions, higher energies. I'm just looking to maybe get 2 years out of strings. I'd be grateful for any input. Thanks.

TBarron

WKR
I’m shooting ABB platinum with my 80lb bow and have been pretty happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJS23

WKR
I have had the stock strings on my 80lb prime for two years now and after this season I’m going to put on a set of hog wire strings.

dkime

WKR
How many arrows are you putting through your strings? 2 years could be a tall order depending on how much you're shooting. What sort of failures are you seeing that require a new set?

The stock Hoyt strings & cables on my Hyperforce look basically brand new still, I've been shooting it since March. If you stick with the same weight arrow and bump up to 80, I think shorter string life is a given. I am shooting a 570 grain arrow, and I think that contributes to the strings lasting longer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Toad. Terry belt original archery designs is making and selling lifetime warranty strings that require no wax

I have three sets coming and will be reviewing them for my three different bows 2 are hunting bows at 70 plus pounds and one is a target bow with 70 lb limbs

They have a Facebook page which is their name check them out the price is cheaper than the high-end strings a little more expensive than the low end strings I think there's somewhere around $130 with lifetime warranty, you can't beat it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
S.Clancy

S.Clancy

WKR
How many arrows are you putting through your strings? 2 years could be a tall order depending on how much you're shooting. What sort of failures are you seeing that require a new set?

I put my new set, strings and cables, on in February. I'd say I've put ~2000 shots through in that time. The failures I'm seeing are mainly stretch, some serving separation. I do shoot a fairly light arrow, 450 grains, which prob dissipates a lot more energy through the bow than a 500+ grain arrow.

OP
S.Clancy

S.Clancy

WKR
Toad. Terry belt original archery designs is making and selling lifetime warranty strings that require no wax

I have three sets coming and will be reviewing them for my three different bows 2 are hunting bows at 70 plus pounds and one is a target bow with 70 lb limbs

They have a Facebook page which is their name check them out the price is cheaper than the high-end strings a little more expensive than the low end strings I think there's somewhere around $130 with lifetime warranty, you can't beat it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Definitely waiting to see how you like em, I can't believe there would be a lifetime warranty for strings.

Definitely waiting to see how you like em, I can't believe there would be a lifetime warranty for strings.

And no more waxing...…

I shoot the PSE Full Throttle and these cams at 372 FPS are hard on strings.
I usually go thru a set every year, but I do shoot over 500 each week. One of the main reasons I got a target bow was to save the wear and tear on the hunting rig. I am now shooting over 700 shots a week.

These new strings are new technology. I love the fact that there is no more waxing, and life time warranty. Go to their FB page and check them out they are great for responding to any questions

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the stock strings on my 80lb prime for two years now and after this season I’m going to put on a set of hog wire strings.

You should be able to get a new free set from prime if you so chose. Might as well, even to keep around as a backup.

WJS23

WKR
Ya I’m going to do that as well. I just want to put something other than black strings on the bow

I use Bow String Depot, but full disclosure the heaviest bow I have used them on was 72lbs. I normally shoot 60lbs but had a Bowtech Experience that maxed at 73lbs that I shot a couple of years ago. They seemed to hold up great on that 70lb bow though. Good luck in your search.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My current set are from John's Customs........Breathn on AT. But I will say......I used to wait until my strings gave me a warning sign that they needed changing........i.e. rotation, my cam marks moving, etc. I won't do that again. I had a yoke loop break on me 99% into my draw. I was right at the point of settling into my anchor when all heck broke loose. The worst part was, I had the new set of strings sitting on my bench for 5 months when it happened. I was just trying to get through 3D season and then change them over to get ready for hunting season. The original PSE strings looked perfect still, and there had been no movement at all.......but going off of number of arrows.......it was well past time.

I have all 3 bows restrung and here are my initial results:

Target bow-
These are the "original recipe" version. They fit perfectly, shot bullet holes out the gate. I ordered one solid color and they look great. They seem super thick in comparison to my older strings. So far I have 300 shots and no peep rotation or stretching I can verify.

Hunting Bow- The first set was also the original recipe version. I cant believe how quiet these strings are. I shoot a PSE Full Throttle at 72 lbs and a 500 gr arrow and these are very very quiet. I sent Terry at TOAD my measurements so I could retain my peep and d loop measurements and these were spot on.

Hunting Bow- Special blend of old and new for durability. I told Terry I am very hard on equipment. I sent him pics of my strings after just 1 hunt. He was like, "ok, let me make you a set that is the most durable we can get". So far these strings are doing great and even more quiet than my other 2 sets which were already super quiet.

For a life time warranty I am stoked about these. I have about 100 arrows total thru each setoff hunting rigs.
I will continue to update as possible once I get to a 1000 thru these.