Titanium Valkyrie Jaggers

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious if anyone has experience with the titanium Jaggers? I am wondering if they will get as sharp and retain an edge similar to the standard Jaggers. Also is their any noticeable noise with the vented heads compared to the solid heads? Lastly the 150 and 175 titanium Jaggers are shorter. Will this be a negative in anyway when compared to the standard length.

Thanks for any insight into this

Cheers

Brent upgraded to a tool steel that is being heat treated to 61 HRC vs the old heads at 54 HRC. Based on my experience with the 54 HRC ones, I think the new material will be a big upgrade. I felt like the others were a bit soft. Not sure what the material is, haven't called and asked yet. If it's just 1095, it will take an edge very easily. No idea on the vents, I only shoot the solid bladed models. Doubt you'll see any performance difference with the slightly shorter heads.

Trial153

WKR
What is the rationale behind Ti blade material?
I undertand ti has excellent strength to weight ratios however it isnt best material for edge retention and wear. What's the thought process on this?

Beendare

WKR
Are the blades Ti?

Ti has a great structural strength to weight ratio...but it doesn't make good cutting tools...or blades. One would think a BH mnfr would know that.

If he is using 1095...its very good steel for blades/knives but it will rust if wet for any length of time. In many cases, as a general rule the carbon steels outperform Stainless for cutting tools....but they need a little more care.

FlyGuy

WKR
Are the blades Ti?

Ti has a great structural strength to weight ratio...but it doesn't make good cutting tools...or blades. One would think a BH mnfr would know that.

If he is using 1095...its very good steel for blades/knives but it will rust if wet for any length of time. In many cases, as a general rule the carbon steels outperform Stainless for cutting tools....but they need a little more care.
He sells some white grease in a tiny canister to apply to BH and keep the carbon steel heads from rusting. I've had no problems and I live in Houston.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, I use the VPA heads....I really like the way those Carbides in the carbon steel hold an edge. I've used cooking oil, chapstick....and then just dried them out daily and not had any problems with that type of steel heads.

I wouldn't buy a head with Ti blades........

bmart2622

WKR
The description is a little confusing, its says its a one piece head with titanium center pin and then says high quality tool steel. Maybe the head is one piece and the centerpin is titanium?

FlyGuy

WKR
The description is a little confusing, its says its a one piece head with titanium center pin and then says high quality tool steel. Maybe the head is one piece and the centerpin is titanium?
I think that is correct. I recall now having a conversation with him back last summer to make a final decision on final arrow set up/weight after shooting a 2 arrow test kit when I said that the titanium BH would be hard to sharpen but less prone to rust, but he corrected me that the cutting blade portion was the same carbon steel. Only the center pin portion was titanium which gave a little different head weight and (I suppose) more strength.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
Just got 9 180 TIs in the mail today.Awesome.Scary sharp.They make me more comfortable with lowering draw weight as I age.