Xpedition bows and Prime

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I'm just in the market for a new bow. I'm just curious if anyone has any input or thoughts on these two brands they would like to share. I plan on shooting multiple brands of bows that aren't listed also. I just am more curious on these two because I have to drive a couple hours to check them out and I don't see them advertised as much as other companies. Thanks.

Hoot

WKR
I shot a Hoyt carbon bow for 6 years and fully intended on buying an rx1 this year, shot the prime centergy while there, ended up buying the prime, $700 cheaper and free strings every 2 years for life helped, but I felt i shot it better than the Hoyt. I think they’re worth shooting to see if you like them, but I’ll say that you likely can’t go wrong with very many flagship bows from most companies these days...

2blade

WKR
I had a Bowtech blow up on me in July before the August hunt and picked up a used 2017 Xpedition Xcursion 7, 65lbs. It showed up the day I left for hunting so I took it along, tuned it in camp over the course of a couple days, used the HCA X12 in the meantime. It didn't take long to find an arrow combination it liked although it does like a stiff spine. The bow is fast, holds like a rock, quite, light weight at 3.9lbs, has a smooth draw with no hump... I love the thing! I had 2 other bows that I have since sold and am trying to get parts for this Bowtech so I can sell it, customer service sucks and I will never buy another Bowtech for that reason.

Any way, since then I have really tuned this bow to perfection. Being a cam and a half with a top yolk, you can tune nock height and yolk tune. I am not done yet but so far I can get bare shafts to hit with field points and broadheads to 50 yards. The bare shaft flies like a dart. In the spring I will bare shaft tune this bow to 70 yards, just for fun. I suspect tho at this point it is good to go.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat!

Never shot a Prime, they're to heavy for me. I like a lighter mass weight bow.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Bowtech blow up on me in July before the August hunt and picked up a used 2017 Xpedition Xcursion 7, 65lbs. It showed up the day I left for hunting so I took it along, tuned it in camp over the course of a couple days, used the HCA X12 in the meantime. It didn't take long to find an arrow combination it liked although it does like a stiff spine. The bow is fast, holds like a rock, quite, light weight at 3.9lbs, has a smooth draw with no hump... I love the thing! I had 2 other bows that I have since sold and am trying to get parts for this Bowtech so I can sell it, customer service sucks and I will never buy another Bowtech for that reason.

Any way, since then I have really tuned this bow to perfection. Being a cam and a half with a top yolk, you can tune nock height and yolk tune. I am not done yet but so far I can get bare shafts to hit with field points and broadheads to 50 yards. The bare shaft flies like a dart. In the spring I will bare shaft tune this bow to 70 yards, just for fun. I suspect tho at this point it is good to go.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat!

Never shot a Prime, they're to heavy for me. I like a lighter mass weight bow.

You know I’ve heard that about Bowtech from a couple people that I’m friends with but I thought that things were getting better there. One guy I know had to sign a waiver that said he would never say anything negative about the company. Good luck getting your parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I’ve been shooting the same elite for years. That said, if I picked up a new bow it would be an xpedition Denali or a prime centergy hybrid. When I daydream about new bows it’s always those two.

2blade

WKR
You know I’ve heard that about Bowtech from a couple people that I’m friends with but I thought that things were getting better there. One guy I know had to sign a waiver that said he would never say anything negative about the company. Good luck getting your parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I called them first and they said they had all the parts for the Destroyer 340's except limbs, I have a set of Barnsdales to put in it but need the limb pocket retainers. They said I needed to go thru a dealer so I did. It's been 5 weeks now...

fap1800

Lil-Rokslider
Can't speak to the Xpedition, but this is the second year I've shot the Centergy. I'm by no means an expert so take my comments with a grain of salt. Initially, I had some difficulty finding the right grip when shooting, but once I did, the bow was consistent. It wasn't too long before I had the broadheads grouping with field points. It also helps to have a shop that knows how to set up a bow properly. I like to shoot heavy arrows so for the most part the bow is relatively quiet, but I have read elsewhere that guys have swapped out the stock string stopper with aftermarket models and have reduced vibration and noise significantly. For me it hasn't been a concern, but that might be something to keep in mind since the bow is on the pricier side. Overall, I think the Centergy is a relatively good shooter. Would I buy one again? Probably not. I have to be honest, I shot the Triax earlier this year and it took a lot of restraint to keep from trading up.

I had a prime centergy and loved everything except the draw was somewhat stiff. The bow held on target like a rock. I sold it and bought a pse evolve which I also like alot. The pse is a smoother draw but doesn’t hold onto the X like the prime did.

The new primes will be out soon and rumor has it they will be making a 33”, 35” and 39” logic. If the rumors are true my money will be spent on the 35”. The 39” is already out and feedback has been very good thus far.

bowuntr

WKR
I've been shooting an Xpedition for the last three seasons. 2016 Perfexion and a 2018 Denali. The best out of the box shooting bows I have ever owned. The only issue I have is that they don't have two piece quiver mounts.... yet. The 2019 bows are supposed to be coming out any day. Ed F

WJS23

WKR
I have been very happy with the three primes I have had they are a little on the heavy side but they are extremely rugged and the Finnish will never come off like all of the 4 carbon bows I have had but I would suggest that you shoot a bunch of them and see what you like.

TheTone

WKR
I was a long time Hoyt guy and switched to a Prime centergy this year. I really, really like it. As someone else said it holds on target unbelievably well and I probably shoot it at 50+ yards better than any bow I previously did. Fit and finish is great. It is a little heavy and I don't love the two piece sherpa quiver I bought with it. Overall I'm very happy with the bow and expect to shoot it for multiple years.

bat-cave

WKR
I haven't shot the latest Prime bows, but from past experience they were not unlike the Elite as far as the draw cycle goes ... and it's really nice! I shot an Xpedition Xcursion 6 last season. As one might expect for a speed bow, it's not overly forgiving .. but crazy fast and flat shooting. It was also pretty darn lightweight which was awesome during Elk season. My issue with the Xpedition was that when I was shooting it well, life was good, but if you have an off day ... it's really exagerates your mistakes (My .02, FWIW). It's a pretty aggessive draw cycle and night and day from something like the Prime. I'm actually selling my Xpedition as I have found that the aggressive draw cycle made it tough for me to be consistent (my excuse and I'm sticking with it!) as it really seemed to put a spotlight on my mistales as a shooter.

Gumbo

WKR
I had a Prime Centergy Hybrid and although everyone raves about it I really didn't like it. It was very loud, the flex roller buzzed like crazy, and it was very particular on grip. I sold it. There is so much Bowtech hate in the hunting world, but those bows freaking shoot for me, probably because they have yolks and I can tune for my shot. And it is very forgiving compared to the Prime and 3 Hoyts I've owned over the last four years. As for customer service, Bowtech has been great to me. I am afraid of the limbs blowing up, but my Reign 7 is on probably 75,000 shots after almost 2 years and is still going strong.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
From the specs the Prime weighs about the same as the bow I currently shoot now (bowtech insanity) which doesn't bother me. I don't hate bowtechs, I just have a love hate relationship with my bow now. It seems when the weather gets cold she makes a lot of noise when I pull her back. To the point when I draw at a deer at 40 yards it runs. And yes I have taken it to bow shops to check it out and it still makes a loud pop. I will still shoot the top bowtechs to see if I enjoy shooting them. I know there's a lot more people that are more knowledgeable on different brands of bows than me so I appreciate everyones input!

Brendan

WKR
Shot an Xpedition Perfexion and hated the way it tuned for me. Very torque sensitive unless I had the sight way, way back and rest way forward as close to the riser as I could get them.

Owned / Shot a Centergy Hybrid last season and it was a great shooting bow. Really liked it, but it did tune a little strange with the rest ending up left of where I'd like it with the arrow pointed off to the left. Tried two sets of limbs including swapping top/bottom with the same results, and both ran 4-6 lbs heavy. Not supposed to have much cam lean but it did. Don't think the quality control is there with my Hoyts.

At the end of the day, I like Carbon risers. Have frozen my hands too many times holding an aluminum bow in cold weather. Sort of want to try a Mathews because I never have, and had good luck with Bowtech in the past so might try those again. But, for right now, RX1-Ultra is what I like.

Can't speak for the Xpedition, but over the last year I owned a Centergy, went to a Hoyt Hyperforce, and back to a Logic.
I bought the Centergy as a last second emergency bow, the day before I flew out to Africa. Shot my Gravediggers at 55, they were on the money, and took it hunting. Hunted with it through January killing seven African animals, a bear, and a turkey with it. I shot it very well from the start and tuning was a breeze. For whatever reason I got a wild hair, sold the Centergy, and bought a Hyperforce. Really shouldn't have done that.
The Hyperforce tuned in with field points ok, but it was way more work. After experiencing broadhead tuning with that bow, I couldn't wait to go back to a Prime. There are people that have the Hoyts down to an art, but it was too finicky and too much work and time for my taste.
Picked up my 80lb Logic on Saturday. Set centershot to 7/8", cams synced dead on, sitting a little nock high, started with the Flexis bottomed out. First bare shafts at 20 were a little right. Let the Flexis out 1/2 turn, they were dead on. Same thing at 30 and 40, so I sent a couple broadheads (Valkyrie Jaggers). Just a couple inches low, dead on left and right. Brought the rest up 1/16" and they're dead on the money. Grand total of 20 minutes, plus a little time at the bow shop when I picked it up. So much easier and inherently tunable than my Hoyt.
I also feel that it holds much better on target, and is much more solid at the shot. The draw cycle is harsher, but draw cycles don't kill stuff.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Shot 4 bows today. Bowtech realm, hoyt hyperforce, elite ritual, and Matthews triax. Of the four bows so far the hoyt IMO feels best with the Realm close behind. The Triax has a smooth draw but has a funky feel when I hold it. The elite seems like a solid bow but nothing stood out to me about it like the first to. I'm looking forward to shooting the Prime and xpedition bows on sunday.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Own Xpedition and Prime. I have the single cam Xception and it is a great smooth shooter. Had the Xcentric before and it was fast. Love the ease of tuning and adjustability in the valley on the Xpedition bows. Currently hunting with my Prime cyntergy and love it. The grip and balance is where it really rocks it. Had a Halon 32 prior to the bow and it was a clunky brick in comparison. The prime just holds so well. A Robin Hood on a couple of shots when I was trying the cyntergy out was very convincing. I am much more accurate with the Prime. My Xpedition is still a great bow, but more of a speed bow feel. Shoots well, but not like the Cyntergy.