Arrow Building Guide

ncstewart

WKR
I have gotten contact with cables depending on bow, tune, cable guard orientation.

I four fletch but with my bow I can turn nock any position and am fine. I think it really depends on vanes/feathers height and space off cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just start with a good arrow. I recommend Easton axis.

1.) use an arrow chart and cut to appropriate length.

2.) chamfer the end and square your ends up with a jig.

3.) clean the inside with an alcohol swap and epoxy you insert in. Don’t use hot glue. Hot glue is garbage. With a hard hit or crappy 3d targets it fails. If you tune your bow properly it won’t matter. Broadhead alignment isn’t a big deal in a tuned bow.

4.) fletch and go shoot.

Your list is way too time consuming unless you are about to compete in the Olympics. Spend the extra time tuning and shooting your bow.

Btaylor

WKR
I take that to mean fletching alignment.

being square is a big deal

Just wanted to clarify. I agree that square is a BIG deal and that blade alignment with fletching is not much of an issue, at least it never has been for me. I know folks that have had to tweak alignment to get the best flight they could but I have never ran into that issue.

Just wanted to clarify. I agree that square is a BIG deal and that blade alignment with fletching is not much of an issue, at least it never has been for me. I know folks that have had to tweak alignment to get the best flight they could but I have never ran into that issue.

One day I tried four blade heads out of a well tuned bow. I remember trying to figure out how they were going to fly if I couldn’t align them. They flew great any old way I screwed them on.

A tuned bow makes all the difference.