Single pin issues

RhynaldsA

FNG
I’m shooting a hoyt carbon element 29” draw 73# Hogg father double pin extended all the way. Arrows are the carbon aluminum injections 27.5” 330 100gr field points 450gr total weight. My question is I was having issues grouping at long distance with 3 blazer vanes so I tried 4 of the heat vanes but when I do my site tape at 20 and 60 when I back up to 100 I am 6” low just wondering if it is the extra drag from the 4th fletch or a way to correct it thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is probably the extra weight and to a lesser degree the drag of four fletch. But the two together would certainly do that.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Shoot at 20 and 100. Do this 3-4 different days and mark your distances on the hogg father wheel. Don’t use a tape. When you are confident and you’ve verified your 100 “pin” multiple times, try that tape and see what your 40-50-60-70 yard tape look like.

bsnedeker

WKR
Shoot at 20 and 100. Do this 3-4 different days and mark your distances on the hogg father wheel. Don’t use a tape. When you are confident and you’ve verified your 100 “pin” multiple times, try that tape and see what your 40-50-60-70 yard tape look like.

This is how I do it also...although my tape only goes to 85 yards :(. I get my 20, then figure out my 85, then everything in between ends up being spot on.

OP
R

RhynaldsA

FNG
Thanks for all the help so do u just lay the tape out to see which one is closest since the numbers won’t be the Same?

bsnedeker

WKR
Thanks for all the help so do u just lay the tape out to see which one is closest since the numbers won’t be the Same?

That's pretty much what I do. Once I have my 20 and 85 (100 in your case) marks I take the tape off the bow, get the pre-printed tapes out and lay them next to my custom tape, and find the one that matches my 20 and 85.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Search for “building accurate sight tapes” in the archery thread. It may even be a Sticky at the top.

I personally think using a 20 yard mark is not a good idea for building tapes.

Last edited:
OP
R

RhynaldsA

FNG
So today I set my 20 and my 100 found a tape that matches but my 60 is high like 10” starting to think I should leave the last tape then mark out past 60 any help is much appreciated. Thanksgiving everything so far