Feather clearance issue

ncstewart

WKR
So I fletched up some gateway 3in shield cut feathers and they are a lot taller than the xvanes I have been shooting. It looks like they are making contact with the cable but flight is ok.
Anyway I’m wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a lower profile feather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Any feather shooters out there?

2blade

WKR
how about the parabolics? Or maybe turn the nock a little so you have clearance?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
What type of set up is this for? Target, hunting, indoor? Are you running a drop away?

The easiest fix is turn your mocks for clearance, but if you nock tuned that may not be an option. Do you have a move able cable guard? You could move that in for clearance and retune.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Don’t think the cable guard is movable. I shoot an elite answer. It’s for hunting and a drop away rest. The nocks are turned for best clearance but still looks like they hitting. Not sure it matters cause flight is fine but just would rather find a little lower feather to be safe.
I’ll probably just order some and play around with it. Can’t find anything online that’s the same height as the xvanes. Not a lot of info out there as no one shoots feathers it seems.

2blade

WKR
Ignore what I said about parabolics, they are the same height as shields. Looking at gateways website, the height on the 3" is .531. Trueflights are .50. Not much but might make enough difference?

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Ok thanks. Ill look at their website. I was looking at Lancaster and couldn’t find height. Guess it. makes sense to look at the source. Haha. Night shift keeps me foggy sometime.