making footers for Axis

I am pretty hard on arrows and want to try out some easton axis this year. I Was thinking it might be a good idea to make a bunch of footers out of aluminum arrows to glue on over the insert end. I've seen trad guys doing this type of stuff for stump shooting and what not. Is it a bad idea to do it for compound shooting?

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
If your a podcast guy, give On Point podcast episode #6 with Chris Dunlap a listen. Chris owns a company called Elk River Archery and builds footers for axis arrows. I emailed back and forth with him regarding building axis arrows with footers. He has lots of information that could help you.

Trial153

WKR
I have some elk river footers, also vpa from ray. I perfer the VPA because they are flanged and dont need to be epoxied.
However the elk river footers are well made as well and work just fine

Bill from iron will is in the process of making some as well. Thinking they will be stainless.
In any event it's worth the effort.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I have some elk river footers, also vpa from ray. I perfer the VPA because they are flanged and dont need to be epoxied.
However the elk river footers are well made as well and work just fine

Bill from iron will is in the process of making some as well. Thinking they will be stainless.
In any event it's worth the effort.

I wished the VPA footers were little longer and covered more of the connection point of the HIT insert and the broadhead

Trial153

WKR
I wished the VPA footers were little longer and covered more of the connection point of the HIT insert and the broadhead
I agree. That said I probably used 3 or four dozen so far and I have yet to break a shaft anywhere near the insert on game and off.
I am happy with them, but she said a little longer never hurts

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. That said I probably used 3 or four dozen so far and I have yet to break a shaft anywhere near the insert on game and off.
I am happy with them, but she said a little longer never hurts

haha. noted

I think that the elk river archery footers are a little long as your arrow will be hanging off your rest two inches, not including broadhead. I might look at the VPA for that reason alone.

Bump... looking at making some footers for either the 300 axis or 330 hexx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube

I'll just leave this here for you.

Thanks for that, I’ve watched that a few days ago and while it is a good video, it’s not exactly what I’m looking for because he is using elk river footers. Right now I’m looking to make my own 2-3” footers out of aluminum arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWHunter84

Lil-Rokslider
Axis 260’s measure 0.280”. Just checked 1/2 a doz with my micrometer. Also for ready made footers check out BigJim’s bow company. I ordered some for my GT traditionals. Quick and easy, 7.50 a 3 pack is kind of pricey but I didn’t have to buy aluminum arrows and grind the bevels myself. He even includes hot melt in the packs.

bulzeye11

FNG
i'm dumping my Axis arrows for Black eagle rampages with their new FOCOS insert/outsert system.

[video=youtube_share;H7q6bqpohho]https://youtu.be/H7q6bqpohho[/video]