2019 Prime Lineup

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Just got back from the shop...Shot both the Cyntergy Hybrid and Logic CT5. Took several shots with each. Alternating between the two.

The guy at the shop was more interested in helping the kid next to me so I didn’t get to pick his brain much.

This is a layman’s review as I am far from an expert on bow technology.

Both have very similar risers. They look a little different, but same over all construction. Looks like the Cyntergy technology is incorporated into Logic. Both balanced well in my hand and the feel was great. The specs say the CT5 is at 4.6lbs and the Cyntergy Hybrid is 4.5lbs. The CT5 felt a lot heavier in hand. Should be noted that no accessories were attached other than a whisker biscuit. That weight point was nice for me. I could easily hold full draw for long periods of time.

CT5 has the split limbs. Much beefier than the Cyntergy. The cams are also much bigger as well. The split cam system on both is very interesting. The purpose is to reduce the amount of torque from the shooter to the bow.

Held both at full draw for approximately a minute before each shot. Very comfortable. The torque seemed to be reduced as the bow looked to balance in my hand almost immediately after settling into my anchor. With so few shots I cannot be sure that system is actually working for me. But it “felt” really nice.

CT5 draw cycle was rough as compared to the Cyntergy hybrid. After the first shots on both I thought maybe they had told me wrong poundage on both of them, but confirmed both were at 70.

The looks on both were really nice. Solid construction and sleek looking. Every individual part is well made and sturdy. Feel very comfortable with every piece of the entire system and would not be too concerned with failure of any given part.

For me, The Hybrid would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the CT5 briefly at my shop over the weekend, along with the RX3. Apologies in advance since I didn't take as much time to examine the bow but I did have a few take-away's. For what it's worth I have an Impact so Prime's aren't too new to me.

The one I shot was 29" draw length but it felt a smidge short. I didn't think the draw cycle was too bad but it was not as good (to me) as the RX3. The limb stop was certainly abrupt (have not shot the Impact for a while).

It was notably quieter than the Hoyt and my Impact but louder than a Triax (all with 528gr arrows).

There was a bit of a tuning fork vibration in the hand at the shot. I personally don't care about this but some folks do.

Overall I thought the CT5 was decent enough but it didn't exactly wow me either.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Update:

Went back to the shop. I just needed to shoot some more.

This time the guy was more interested in me so the service was much better. He put both bows on the draw board.

Cyntergy came in at 28” DL and the CT5 came in at 29”. Both were running a Little hot at 73lbs.

They dug out a heavier FMJ as well for me to shoot.

Shot each about 6 times. This time I did not alternate between the two.

Both were very similar, the draw cycle is a little rough near the end on both. Really could not tell a difference.

I think the poundage was lighter on the Cyntergy last time I went.

I love the hard stops on both, something I failed to bring up last time.

JasonWi

WKR
I was able to shoot the CT3, CT5 and the Centergy Hybrid. I was personally looking for a longer ATA bow, I currently shoot the Halon32 and really like that bow but wanted to go back to a 34-35" bow. All bows were tested @ 70# and 29" DL

For me the Hybrid and the CT5 were both very nice shooting bows, the draw of the Hybrid was actually smoother throughout the entire draw process. By that I mean I didn't feel the "hump" of the cam/limb loading up quite as much as the CT5.

But once the cams broke over into the valley is where the CT5 won me over. The CT5 just stopped dead in my hand quicker and there wasn't as much settle in time. I was shocked how solid that bow felt once I hit full draw, I was locked in and able to carry on a conversation and not have the feeling the bow was going to leap forward out of my hands if I didn't maintain the tension on the back wall which was the same on the Hybrid.

I think once the bow shot I actually favored the Hybrid but only slightly, again it's splitting hairs so I wouldn't have chose one over the other because of this fact. It was really how fast the bow settled in at full draw is what won me over. I ordered the CT5

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
JasonWi, I’ve been shooting a Halon 32 (70/28”) and have really liked it too, and considering trying the 3 Primes you mentioned. What did you think of the CT3?

JasonWi

WKR
JasonWi, I’ve been shooting a Halon 32 (70/28”) and have really liked it too, and considering trying the 3 Primes you mentioned. What did you think of the CT3?

I thought the CT3 was a nice bow, very similar to how I described the 5. I certainly wouldn't sell my Halon 32 to buy it as they are so similar performance wise...IMO

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Well....Went and shot the CT5 a couple more times and this happened. I’ll try to post some feedback and performance numbers as I gather them.

a96a2b18adf331da709b68050ee7564b.jpg

weeble19

FNG
I was a Halon 32 shooter also and traded it in for a CT5. Tried the new Vertix but that wasn't very impressive. The CT5 held steadier, has a smoother draw throughout the entire cycle, and was just as quiet as the H32 and more dead in the hand. Still waiting to get it in. Went with 80lb, 30" Morel riser and fusion limbs.

ontarget7

WKR
Solid bows but the RX3 won out for me after comparing them for a couple weeks, sold the CT3.

Brendan

WKR
Has anyone tuned the new CT3 or CT5 Logic yet?

Yep, thread here:

I have avoided these because they seemed to have a lot of vibe and noise at the shot. Even from Cory Jacobson's vids this year they sound notably different and louder than I've noticed elsewhere.

Anyone else notice this or am I losing it?

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I have avoided these because they seemed to have a lot of vibe and noise at the shot. Even from Cory Jacobson's vids this year they sound notably different and louder than I've noticed elsewhere.

Anyone else notice this or am I losing it?

I don’t notice hand vibe or increased sound on my setup. Very similar to the Athens Testament I have. Another user contacted me about issues with hand vibe and it turned out to the be Hamskea rest. Switched it up to Ripcord Ace and swapped strings and he was good.

I have shot both my 3d arrows and hunting arrows through.