2019 Bows

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shoot the new bows? Bowtechs new realm has me intrigued, along with prime. Just curious on what everyone's opinions and experiences were so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I shot Hoyt RX-3, 2 new bows from Prime, a PSE, and the BowTech Realm 6&7 on Friday. I never would have imagined that I'd be the owner of a new Bowtech, but I bought the Realm 6. Fast, quiet, and almost zero vibration. I've been reading lots of bow reviews, (it's been 11 years since I bought a bow), but Bowtech still wasn't really on my radar. Hope it's as durable as my last bow.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the Prime CT5 and Hoyt RX-3 over the weekend.

The Prime was a nice bow but admittedly didn't wow me in any way. Only real negative was a tuning fork buzz in the bow at the shot. At least it's quieter than my Impact.

Speaking of noise, the RX3 may be slightly quieter than last year's lineup (emphasis on slightly) but it's still far from quiet. There is a solid "crack" at the shot even with a 528 grain arrow. I'm certainly calling BS on their claim that it's quieter than the Carbon Spyder Turbo. Otherwise it's a very nice bow, their draw cycle - to my shoulders - is the nicest around.

Not that I'm in the market for a new bow but I'm kind of wishing my shop carried Bowtech.

Rick M.

WKR
I shot the new Bowtech SR6 last Wednesday after watching Bowtech's live release video. It was an awesome bow, and maxed out at 60lbs seriously felt like 50lbs, and this was on performance mode. I was very impressed. That being said, I shot it alongside the Triax, and for me the Triax just won out. The fit/finish, hand feel, and overall shot cycle just felt so incredibly polished on the Mathews. I would've walked out with the Triax, but waiting until they release the 2019 line before making a decision, as I'm hoping for a longer A2A Triax'ish bow.

Sadler

WKR
I saw something on AT showing a Mathews Vertix? Anyways, it looked like the Triax but has a 30" ATA and is offered with a 75lb limb option. I'm looking forward to trying one out tomorrow for sure.

Zspires94

FNG
This is my first post here but figured I’d start somewhere.
I just left my local shop and got to unbox and shoot the Vertix. I’ve been a Hoyt guy for about 13 years and plan on buying the RX3, but with that being said the Vertix is a winner. I wasn’t sure how they could improve from the Triax but they did. Draw cycle is super smooth and rolls right over. There is zero hand shock.
The only problem I see is it requires the new rest and it’s not very cheap... ~$250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Bowtech Realm SR6 will be my choice for 2019! l love my Realm X, and it will be staying in my house too!

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Went to the local shop today and shot all of the new bows. Im currently deciding between the Mathews Vertix and the Prime Logic CT5/3. Mathews had less hand shock and less noise, but didn't feel as stable to me at full draw. The Prime had next to no hand shock and was quite quiet as well. It will definitely be a tough choice.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first post here but figured I’d start somewhere.
I just left my local shop and got to unbox and shoot the Vertix. I’ve been a Hoyt guy for about 13 years and plan on buying the RX3, but with that being said the Vertix is a winner. I wasn’t sure how they could improve from the Triax but they did. Draw cycle is super smooth and rolls right over. There is zero hand shock.
The only problem I see is it requires the new rest and it’s not very cheap... ~$250

It will accept standard rests as well I do believe

Just in from the bow shop. Shot the new bows, Mathews Traverse & Vertix, Prime CT5, Bowtec Realm, forgot to shoot the hoyt helix.

Mathews bows were nice, I'm not a fan of short bows in general so I really wanted to like the Traverse. The Vertix was a little more dead in the hand and really had no vibration to speak of. Both were nice bows and Im sure people will like. The Grip is an improvement, good shape to it but still a little thicker than I like. The Vertix felt really top heavy after the shot, wanting to fall forward. Over all good stuff from Mathews, just not my #1 pick.

Bowtec I only shot maybe 5 times, fast, shock free, and a solid offering there as well. I will however never own a Bowtec due to the experience my friend had with his BTX.

For me Prime is where its at. The CT5 did not disapoint. I was worried about other peoples reviews that the logic had a stiff draw, the CT5 felt great for me. It was probably more stiff than the Vertix but not by much. The cycle is pretty smooth all the way back to the wall, and I am a fan of limb stops so that was a plus. When you grab the CT5 after gabbing the others it just feels like a bow, not a block of metal. its long and the weight is spread out, it balances very well in the hand and feels so much better a full draw. Totally stable, rock solid feel. By far the best grip. Finishes were super nice. Shot is dead and the bow stays right there at the shot. there is some vibration like a tuning fork after the shot but it is not a lot and with a stabilizer Im sure will be nothing. Didnt hear the PING noise everyone talks about with prime. Needless to say I ordered one. 80lb, sup alpine riser, ghost green limbs.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I shot all of the flagships last year and the centergy hybrid was so nice. I love the prime bows.

Elkangle

WKR
I shot the bowtechs and the r6 has a slightly harder draw then my 2018 realm but other then that it's the same bow...if I didn't want more draw weight I'd be staying with my realm

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Just in from the bow shop. Shot the new bows, Mathews Traverse & Vertix, Prime CT5, Bowtec Realm, forgot to shoot the hoyt helix.

Mathews bows were nice, I'm not a fan of short bows in general so I really wanted to like the Traverse. The Vertix was a little more dead in the hand and really had no vibration to speak of. Both were nice bows and Im sure people will like. The Grip is an improvement, good shape to it but still a little thicker than I like. The Vertix felt really top heavy after the shot, wanting to fall forward. Over all good stuff from Mathews, just not my #1 pick.

Bowtec I only shot maybe 5 times, fast, shock free, and a solid offering there as well. I will however never own a Bowtec due to the experience my friend had with his BTX.

For me Prime is where its at. The CT5 did not disapoint. I was worried about other peoples reviews that the logic had a stiff draw, the CT5 felt great for me. It was probably more stiff than the Vertix but not by much. The cycle is pretty smooth all the way back to the wall, and I am a fan of limb stops so that was a plus. When you grab the CT5 after gabbing the others it just feels like a bow, not a block of metal. its long and the weight is spread out, it balances very well in the hand and feels so much better a full draw. Totally stable, rock solid feel. By far the best grip. Finishes were super nice. Shot is dead and the bow stays right there at the shot. there is some vibration like a tuning fork after the shot but it is not a lot and with a stabilizer Im sure will be nothing. Didnt hear the PING noise everyone talks about with prime. Needless to say I ordered one. 80lb, sup alpine riser, ghost green limbs.
Did he have issues with customer service?

Did he have issues with customer service?

Had two different sets of limbs explode at full draw. Bowtec refused a refund, and when he called customer service to explain that he could have been seriously hurt or lost eye...... all they said was "yea its scary when it happens".

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Had two different sets of limbs explode at full draw. Bowtec refused a refund, and when he called customer service to explain that he could have been seriously hurt or lost eye...... all they said was "yea its scary when it happens".

That's nuts. I don't think they had anything this outrageous happen but my shop dropped them due to support issues.

" there is some vibration like a tuning fork after the shot but it is not a lot and with a stabilizer Im sure will be nothing. Didnt hear the PING noise everyone talks about with prime."

This was my experience shooting the CT5 also. Glad that they got rid of that noise my Impact had. The tuning fork thing will be a non-issue.

They want you to let a dealer handle any repairs. I have had 5 Bowtech bows and none ever had an issue, but a friend did have his RPM360 limb splinter. He took it to the dealer and they fixed it, then it happened again and they fixed it again, and then he sold it LOL. I would still buy one if I they had one I loved after shooting.