2019 Bows

I thought I heard the Bowtech guys in their release video for 2019 say they have switched to gordon glass for the limbs to prevent past problems.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in the Helix and the Helix Ultra. I have plenty of time to make my decision and will shoot all the new bows I can when I get home. Hoyt and Mathews are the 2 at the top for me just based off what I've read so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pramo

WKR
I shot some of the new bows over the last two weeks, the new Bowtechs are terrific in draw and hand shock. The Mathews Vertix was very stiff at 29.5 and 70# and nothing I would want to hunt or shoot, but the shorter draw lengths I hear are better.

The Traverse was a really nice bow and balanced much better than the Halon 32, the shop had a Black Friday sale and I ended up walking out with the Traverse. I can't stand a bow that won't balance and Mathews finally got that fixed, not as balanced as a Hoyt but close.

Last new bow I bought was a Helim, usually I'm a buy used off Archery Talk kind of guy. I'll write up the tuning and setup once I get a chance to tinker with it.

I picked up a PSE Stealth 35 SE bow about 3 weeks ago and have been really impressed. Put the new Garmin sight on it, and have experimented with several rests including the Code Red which was really accurate, the AAE DOA drop away, and the Hamskea hunter. The Hamskea seems to fit me the best and is pretty quiet and very dependable. This setup is the most accurate bow I've ever shot and I've been shooting bows for 50 years. I did have to move the shims around to get perfect bare shaft flight but it was not difficult and the 1/4" axles, 4 bearings per cam and carbon fiber riser work really well and result in a bow that is very consistent. The only issues that have arisen are the roller cable slide seems to be gouging out grooves in the guide rod. Not sure why or how that is happening but it is there. And, one of the control cables has the serving fraying where it wraps around the peg on the top cam.

Mike

Shot the bowtech SS and SR6, traverse, and rx3 yesterday.

Traverse draw was stiff at 30 and a little better at 29 IMO, I think the SR6 in comfort was easier to draw. Otherwise traverse is everything they say it is (dead, quiet, balanced, nice grip). The rx3 was very smooth at 28”, felt very stable and had little vibe at the shot. It was only set at around 62 lbs though. I really like the feel of both bowtechs but 32” ata and 6” brace are both shorter than I’d like and I didn’t like the string angle. It felt notably sharper than my reign 7.

I shot some of the new bows over the last two weeks, the new Bowtechs are terrific in draw and hand shock. The Mathews Vertix was very stiff at 29.5 and 70# and nothing I would want to hunt or shoot, but the shorter draw lengths I hear are better.

The Traverse was a really nice bow and balanced much better than the Halon 32, the shop had a Black Friday sale and I ended up walking out with the Traverse. I can't stand a bow that won't balance and Mathews finally got that fixed, not as balanced as a Hoyt but close.

Last new bow I bought was a Helim, usually I'm a buy used off Archery Talk kind of guy. I'll write up the tuning and setup once I get a chance to tinker with it.

I’m literally torn between the Traverse and the Vertix right now ... I’ll buy or order one by the end of next week, just not sure which one to pull the trigger on.

What type of hunting do you do? Ever hunt from a pop-up blind? Thanks!

Pramo

WKR
I hunt just about every way you can, western spot and stalk, eastern treestand, turkey out of a ground blind and lots of 3d. I'm 6'2'' and have used a 33 or 34 ATA bow for the last 5 or 6 years. It can be a pain in a blind but I use a low stool and take a few practice draws to check for clearance, for treestand I have never wished I had a shorter ata bow for the last 25 years bowhunting

The Traverse should be a good bow for years to come

I hunt just about every way you can, western spot and stalk, eastern treestand, turkey out of a ground blind and lots of 3d. I'm 6'2'' and have used a 33 or 34 ATA bow for the last 5 or 6 years. It can be a pain in a blind but I use a low stool and take a few practice draws to check for clearance, for treestand I have never wished I had a shorter ata bow for the last 25 years bowhunting

The Traverse should be a good bow for years to come

I ordered the Traverse today and they’ll place the order with Mathews tomorrow. Can’t wait to get it set up!!

Tradchef

WKR
Im a trad guy but love to shoot the new bows every year. So far I’ve tried the vertix, traverse, centergy Hybrid, ct5,ct3 and the avail. I really liked the ct5 and centergy hybrid over the Mathews this year.

Just got back from the shop. Shot the several bows but I'll touch on the 3 flagships I shot the Vertix, the RX-3 and the Realm SS. All at 28" set to 70lbs.

The Vertix was the quietest and best performing bow. It has a little stiffness going into the valley but once you're there, its smooth sailing. Solid backwall and held really well. I have never shot the Triax but I can tell you, this is the most dead bow I've ever shot... and I've shot a lot of them.

The Realm had the smoothest draw and was very close to the Vertix in terms of vibration and hand shock. I think I'd need to spend more time with it and I'd really like to shoot the SR6 because if I can get the SR6 performance with that SS draw (which the pro shop guy said it was almost as smooth) I would pick one of those up.

The RX-3 was garbage. Sorry, not sorry. It's not as smooth as a Realm, it's not as fast as the Vertix, and for me I would have to hold that grip so tight in fear of it literally jumping out of my hand that i know my accuracy would be shyt. Even if they were priced equally, I still wouldn't choose it over the other two.

I still need to test more bows but I strongly recommend looking at Bowtech if you haven't already. I don't own one myself but I just might here very soon.

Last edited: