Sell Me A New Hunting Release

CiK01

WKR
I have been shooting archery for about 6 years. It’s been primarily hunting with a little 3D peppered in. I have been shooting with a Scott Little Goose and want to try something else.

Can anybody recommend a hunting release (non-hinge, non back tension) I should try? Really interested in the Carter Nock 2 It but they seem hard to come by. Any alternatives?

Thanks!

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kda082

WKR
I have a scott Talon hook style, but have had several Spot Hogg Wiseguys that have been my favorite. Great trigger.

KHNC

WKR
The Scott Talon is what i use as well. I have shot Many tru-ball and carter releases over the years. Keep coming back to the talon for hunting and 3D.

scott rhino xt. open jaw with a heavier trigger. i can preload the trigger without worrying about it going off and slowly pull. i also think scott has the best wrist strap in the business.

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I use a stan shoot off trio and love it. Had it 5 seasons now and still flawless every shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Carter quickie for an index. I used around a dozen releases and was ready to give up on a wrist sling until I tried the Carter. I used the nock 2 it and silver back for shooting targets and they are great, just not what I want in a hunting situation. They are amazing for training and will help you shoot any release if you learn Dudley's system.

elkguide

WKR
Carter Quickie fan boy here!!!!!

Just finished setting my son in law up and found 7 different brands/styles of releases in my archery room for him to try. Also realized that I have my Quickie and a back up Quickie in my hunting stuff. And in the basement where I shoot, is another Quickie. My son in law tried all of the others and he also decided to buy his own Quickie.

So for me, after years of shooting, it's got to be a Carter Quickie for hunting.

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
Carter RX1, like it a lot.

I heard Dudley say on Nock-On Podcast from yesterday there should be nock-2-its back in stock soon if that’s what you’re interested in. Lot of good releases out there, Anything Carter is going to be super solid.

On the strap style releases doesn't it bother you it just flops around? I think that would drive me nuts especially while trying to do other things.

Zac

WKR
Nock To It's should be here in about a week if you wan't to drop your email in the NockON Store.

Forest

WKR
On the strap style releases doesn't it bother you it just flops around? I think that would drive me nuts especially while trying to do other things.

I'm trying to decide if I would love it or hate it as well. I have a solid now and sometimes it's in the way too. Just a matter of getting used to it I suppose, I think I will probably give the strap style a try next time.

Trial153

WKR
The quickie one plus is a good release. Just be cognizant that if you change the spring heavier you loose the auto reset.
Something I wish I knew before I bought one.

Thess87

WKR
Love my Stan sx3. And my wife really likes her perfex they are very versatile you can set them up just the way you want.