Vapor trail gen7

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Any gen7 users? Looking for thoughts on this rest

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
To me it looks like the pro-V with full capture. I have the pro-V and am looking to upgrade to a hamskea. I like vapor trail, and they are located 10 minutes from my house, but that is too much money to spend on a rest without micro adjust in my opinion.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
To me it looks like the pro-V with full capture. I have the pro-V and am looking to upgrade to a hamskea. I like vapor trail, and they are located 10 minutes from my house, but that is too much money to spend on a rest without micro adjust in my opinion.

I'm in the same boat as bsnededker. I've shot the Pro-v for a long time without a single issue but I want the micro-adjust capabilities so will be upgrading to the hamskea come off-season. :D

OR Archer

WKR
Ive set several of them up. Its a really nice rest. It tunes really well. I however do not like the bow specific mounts. All of the vertical adjustment is done with the rest bolt. I think thats crap. I also agree it should include micro adjustment for the cost.

Gumbo

WKR
Not exactly addressing the OPs question but I will likely never buy another Vapor Trail product after the numerous issues I've had with the three consecutive sets of strings/cables I've got from them. Their explanation of "erratic" vs "consistent" peep rotation and warranty against only "erratic" peep rotation made me lose a lot of confidence in their company and products as a whole. That said I have no experience with their rests, but I'd suggest Hamskea all the way, it is an absolutely proven rest.

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Any gen7 users? Looking for thoughts on this rest

Ill give my input. I have 4 Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro rests. 2 with and 2 without micro adjustments. To me, the micro adjustments mean nothing. When I tune my bows Ill get them papered perfect, after that I dont touch the rest whatsoever as its completely locked down (as they should be). So all of these opinions about needing the available micro tune really doesnt make sense to me.

As far as the VT Gen 7 rest, 2 words= ITS FANTASTIC! It really is. Its dead quiet (compared to the last Gen and even the Hamskea). 100% repeatable. 100% fixable in the field (could use a shoe lace if needed to make it work). No additional external springs to worry about (like the Hamskea). Its built minimalistic yet well, which makes it IMO the least prone to break.

Having said all of that, I do still like the Hamske. I just think VT nailed it on this new Gen 7. I picked one up and its shooting darts.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Ill give my input. I have 4 Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro rests. 2 with and 2 without micro adjustments. To me, the micro adjustments mean nothing. When I tune my bows Ill get them papered perfect, after that I dont touch the rest whatsoever as its completely locked down (as they should be). So all of these opinions about needing the available micro tune really doesnt make sense to me.

As far as the VT Gen 7 rest, 2 words= ITS FANTASTIC! It really is. Its dead quiet (compared to the last Gen and even the Hamskea). 100% repeatable. 100% fixable in the field (could use a shoe lace if needed to make it work). No additional external springs to worry about (like the Hamskea). Its built minimalistic yet well, which makes it IMO the least prone to break.

Having said all of that, I do still like the Hamske. I just think VT nailed it on this new Gen 7. I picked one up and its shooting darts.
That's what I wanted to hear, I'm running a hamskea hybrid hunter now but just looking for something new I like it it's a great rest but simplisity and ease of repair mean more then anything. I will be picking one up

Ruskin

WKR
Quick question about not needing / wanting micro adjust. I thought the micro adjust would be helpful when tuning your broad heads to group with field points. Do you go through this process and find the "micro" isn't necessary?

bsnedeker

WKR
Quick question about not needing / wanting micro adjust. I thought the micro adjust would be helpful when tuning your broad heads to group with field points. Do you go through this process and find the "micro" isn't necessary?
It isn't required but it sure makes it easier and is more precise. It is a requirement for me going forward based on my experience with the vapor trail.

Trial153

WKR
Seems kind of high for no micro adjustments. No go for me until there is a bottom limb attachment option.