Goat Tuff Jig

Ryan Pent

FNG
I am going to be taking a stab at building my own arrows this off season. looking for some reviews on the Goat Tuff jig. Any pros/ cons that I should know about? It seems like this jig will give me some flexibility on fletching configuration and at a reasonable price.

http://goattuffproducts.com/index.php?op=17

Thanks for the feedback-

OR Archer

WKR
Looks pretty cheesy. If you’re looking to save money I’d tell you to buy the Bohning Pro Class jig. It’s a polymer copy of a Bitzenburger jig. Works well and gives you better customization than that jig.

i have one and a bitz. I use the Goat for my 4 fletch (vanes) on my compound arrows and it puts a nice helical on them. Works just fine for the money. I use my bitz for my trad bow, feathers don't fit well into the goat tuff fyi.

He is right, I already had the goat tuff and later i found a great deal on a bitz. I just want to use up the goat tuff and get my money out of it lol

WJS23

WKR
I second Get your self a bitzs, If I just got the best stuff from the beginning I would have save a boat load of money over the years

I went with the Bohning to start with and then as I progressed with my arrow building I got a Bitz. Well worth it for helical fletched. I have my Bohning with a straight and helical clamp I would sell you for cheap if you are getting started.

TravisIN

WKR
Bought several cheaper options before buying a bitz. I could own two now if I hadn’t wasted the money trying to save a little. You won’t regret a bitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like glue will definitely run down into the vane slot. Expect to clean it out with acetone pretty often.

The other jigs guys are recommending have the vane clamp on the top, so glue can’t flow up into the clamp.

My 2 cents ...

I have the GT. Easy to use and gives a bunch of options. My only complaint is that I can’t get 3* on an aae max stealth vane. Other than that, quick and easy.

Jo-jan is another, you have to make your own marks for offset etc. Can get left and right helical as well as straight and different nock holders for 3 and 4 Fletch, cock vane up or last with 3 and 90° or 105\75° for 4 Fletch. And crossbow too. Or the Arizona quick Fletch so you can do all 3 at same time which may be nicer for just starting out.

Looks like that jig has more limitations than a bitzenberger. I use a bitzenberger and can vary the amount of helical, use more of a variety of vane lengths, and can also do feathers for my wife’s recurve. It does look like it can be more consistent than a bitzenberger if you aren’t meticulous and pay attention to every detail. If you are more detail orientated or want more options in a jig then I would say go with a bitzenberger it’s worth the extra money.