Opinions on Matthews and PSE bows

I have been out of the bow hunting game for several years, almost 15 years now but I am ignoring how old I have gotten. When I did bow hunt I used a PSE bow and loved everything about it but several people I hunted with used Matthews bows. To me there was always a rivalry between the two and a debate on which was better. My question, which is multi part is, over the years which brand has maintained their quality control, which would you recommend and why, what are you opinions of either manufacture and what to look for in buying a bow from either? Thanks for your help and your opinions.

Depends what you are looking for.. both make good bows. I’m going to over generalize here, but:

PSE evolve cam bows draw smoother, have a more solid back wall, don’t require draw specific mods, are lighter.

Mathews crosscentric cam bows are more quiet and deader in the hand.

TheTone

WKR
If I was getting back into archery I wouldn't just limit myself to two brands. Many companies are making a really good bow anymore. If you're wanting to get back into it I would visit a few different shops and shoot multiple bows. You should find at least one bow you really like and for me having a shop I like and trust is also huge.

bulzeye11

FNG
IMO the evolve cam is the top cam on the market. smooth, fast and efficient PSE has a winner with that cam system. I don't have much experience with any of the newer bows from mathews with the crosscentric cam. I do know they are pretty smooth and really quiet bows A little heavier than I like for their size. Bowtech the last 2 years seems to have really stepped up their game with the realm and realm x and now the SR6. Bear has made really good bows the last few years as well. I know the Arena models were fantastic and the Kuma last year was a great bow.

Like mentioned above, I would travel to a couple different shops and try to shoot as many as possible and find the one that feels the best to you.

Ac338

WKR
I went into my proshop wanting a Darton and after shooting a few different manufacturers the Mathews Halon 32 fit me the best. I wouldn't go into it with my mind set on a certain brand. Try to shoot as many as possible and then decide.

Bambeklr

FNG
I would suggest going to a pro shop that carrys the 2 brands you listed and shoot them. I fancy my mathew bows. But everyone is different.

Zac

WKR
If you are really into tinkering you’ll want to go with the PSE, the cam is extremely adjustable without the use of a press