Easton Titanium Outserts

jmez

WKR
These should definitely outperform aluminum but not SS. It would depend on the grades of titanium vs SS but stainless should be more resistant to bending than titanium. Titanium is much better in cyclic fatigue and tension than SS but those aren't of importance in an outsert.

The SS used in all but one outsert I'm aware of is 303 SS, and it's garbage. Super high sulfur, not very strong or hard and crack sensitive. They don't use it because it's good; it's used because it's cheap and machines very well. 17-4 or 17-7 PH would be much better but there's only one outsert on the market using it. Titanium is far stronger than the SS everyone in the industry is using for broadhead ferrules and outserts.

The SS used in all but one outsert I'm aware of is 303 SS, and it's garbage. Super high sulfur, not very strong or hard and crack sensitive. They don't use it because it's good; it's used because it's cheap and machines very well. 17-4 or 17-7 PH would be much better but there's only one outsert on the market using it. Titanium is far stronger than the SS everyone in the industry is using for broadhead ferrules and outserts.

Just curious who is making the higher grade SS outsert you mention? I’m interested as I’ve used the Titus version of these Ti outserts with some bending last year and agree the SS was better on my Victory’s

Just curious who is making the higher grade SS outsert you mention? I’m interested as I’ve used the Titus version of these Ti outserts with some bending last year and agree the SS was better on my Victory’s
Black Eagle makes one 204 diameter outsert out of 17-4 PH. That's the only one I'm aware of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone shooting these?

I think once my current dozen injexions are done I'm going back to axis shafts. But if these are that good I might consider

MattB

WKR
I have been using them and so far, so good. No real tests in terms of hitting anything hard yet.

MattB

WKR
I put BH's on all my practice arrows and everyone spun just as well as the upshot arrows. Good so far....

Lakotah

FNG
Anybody have any updates on the outserts. I’m about to build some 330 Injexions. Just dont want to waste alot of money. I can exchange the shafts for something else if I need to.

Still in for info. Also, the Titus Innovations ti outsert is similar. Twice the money but come with a lifetime warranty.

RAPTOR

WKR
I've shot two animals this year, three arrows. Broke a broadhead on a quartering-to shot that lodged in the offside rear ball socket...the arrow with outsert spin tested perfect with a new broadhead. I shot hundreds of arrows this summer with them at all ranges and they flew great. I have no complaints of them, other than the price. I do bevel the inside of the shaft slightly with the included disc to flush them up properly. Shooting FMJ Injexion .280s with Trypans out of an RX1 at 82lbs 28" DL.

Im liking the titanium outserts..
c066999b04098fa18b604f2179c88cf7.jpg
1741ffe8bce16202c5545b122fd55923.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chasewild

WKR
I shot 330 injexions last year with the Titanium outsert. I bent 4 or 5 of 12 in a season of shooting (anyone want 4 titanium outserts? You pay shipping.). They flew well, spun well, and grouped well. But I ultimately went back to the Axis 300 with IW hit collars and a brass insert.

Last edited:
OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
I shot 330 injexions last year with the Titanium outsert. I bent 8 of 12 in a season of shooting (anyone want 4 titanium outserts? You pay shipping.). They flew well, spun well, and grouped well. But I ultimately went back to the Axis 300 with IW hit collars and a brass insert.
What are you hitting to bend those? Was the rest of the arrow ok?

chasewild

WKR
If I missed the target low, and it glanced a rock, the insert would snap out of the shaft.

A couple arrows I hit the metal rod in the target -- same outcome.

To be honest, the weakness is not the strength of the outsert itself, but the system in total. The fulcrum effect between the insert and the arrow is more significant than I realized.

I probably bent 4-5 inserts total. Original post edited.

Reactions: Zac