HOYT REDWRX Carbon RX-1 Ultra build and review

Doc89

WKR
If I'm not mistaken, Donnie Vincent's RX1 is an ultra with turbo cams. Then also I recall Phil Mendoza at No Limits Archery had a Defiant built that was a special request like that as well. May have been the turbo riser and regular DFX cams? It would be worth calling and asking Hoyt If thats what you really want.

Brendan

WKR
If I'm not mistaken, Donnie Vincent's RX1 is an ultra with turbo cams. Then also I recall Phil Mendoza at No Limits Archery had a Defiant built that was a special request like that as well. May have been the turbo riser and regular DFX cams? It would be worth calling and asking Hoyt If thats what you really want.

Don't want to derail Tony's thread too much, but I have an ultra with turbo cams on order. Rest assured I'll have a thread up when I get it ;)

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Just an update, I have not forgot about the thread. I am waiting on some new accessories to come in. The Option Archery sights I use are being updated to the new 2018 model and should be back to me this next week.
I also decided to swap of the old rest for a Hamskea while I was at it.

It's been a blizzard here anyways but I will get this going again as soon as I have my sights!

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
The hamskea hybrid hunter pro microtune it a pretty sweet little rest! I last used a Hamskea in 2015 and this rest is as nice as the older version I had.
eceaed7aad651ab0adf498d454d6f419.jpg

b74126f07b4f8fb92f5e09f0a68ffd01.jpg

0b9bc5ab1d1cc34baae5b745ed13338f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
892648cc2ab9c947caadb75bced658d6.jpg

The Ultra is all tuned up and slinging Ironwill heads down range. Review will coming soon!

Doc89

WKR
892648cc2ab9c947caadb75bced658d6.jpg

The Ultra is all tuned up and slinging Ironwill heads down range. Review will coming soon!

Hey Tony, would you mind posting the arrow build specs and all the components on the arrow you are using with the Ultra?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
sweet bow man! very interested to see how those broad heads fly.

I bought the rx-1 ultra and really like it. the draw cycle and back wall is very smooth and fun to shoot. lol for the price tag it better be! :) haha
i went with the ultra because it felt smoother to me and i like the longer axle to axle, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either lol

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Hey Tony, would you mind posting the arrow build specs and all the components on the arrow you are using with the Ultra?

Sure thing.

Victory VAP Elite 300 spine shafts cut to 26.225"
Bohning F nock
Ironwill S series Solid Broadhead (total of 200gr at front of arrow)
AAE Promax Vane, 4 fletch
FOC=18.79%
455gr total arrow weight.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
sweet bow man! very interested to see how those broad heads fly.

I bought the rx-1 ultra and really like it. the draw cycle and back wall is very smooth and fun to shoot. lol for the price tag it better be! haha
i went with the ultra because it felt smoother to me and i like the longer axle to axle, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either lol

They group right with my field points out to 80-85. After that they drop every so slightly but most of us would need to be shooting at our best to notice. We are talking less than a couple inches at 100. Great little broad head.

Last edited:

Sure thing.

Victory VAP Elite 300 spine shafts cut to 26.225"
Bohning F nock
Ironwill S series Solid Broadhead (total of 200gr at front of arrow)
AAE Promax Vane, 4 fletch
FOC=18.79%
455gr total arrow weight.

Hello sir, what kind of inserts are you running on the VAP's?