2018 Cold Bow Challenge

Moneyball

WKR
A big thank you to the crew at Iron Will Broadheads and Robby. I received my heads today, all spun perfectly and they seem to be a very robust head. Can’t wait to shoot them! Thank you Rokslide and IW!!

Roksliders. I may throw out a short little review for the IWs. There are already quite a few, but it might not hurt to get a review from someone who doesn’t have anything invested in these heads. My opinion is worth about as much as the rocks in your tire treads, but let me know what you guys think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
Oh, heck yeah! Look what greeted me after coming home from mowing grass at the archery range tonight.

95fef7fe9a243285bcf6f2959ac2959a.jpg

And it came with the exact pin colors and sizes I would have ordered. I thought about asking for an upgrade, but didn't want to sound greedy or complicate things. Thanks Rokslide, S&S Archery, Robby, and Rob!

d9d8cf0a1691c302560a7f8e78912a42.jpg

JDZ

WKR
After getting my bow back with new strings the other day I got the new sight on it. I set the axis and sighted it in from 20 to 100 yards. The biggest way the Ascent Verdict could be better is if the individual pins were micro adjust. I'm guessing you have to go to the Pure series for that.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I didn’t realize this ended already. Next year I hope we do it again. Might I suggest pushing it back a little? I think a lot of us don’t get our hunting rigs dialed in to hunting condition until July. That being said here are 2 60 yards the last couple days I was doing for a contest that ended 5 weeks ago ! Haha
View attachment 75211
View attachment 75212

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I didn’t realize this ended already. Next year I hope we do it again. Might I suggest pushing it back a little? I think a lot of us don’t get our hunting rigs dialed in to hunting condition until July. That being said here are 2 60 yards the last couple days I was doing for a contest that ended 5 weeks ago ! Haha
View attachment 75211
View attachment 75212

welcome! but no, we're not moving it back. We promote getting ready as early as possible, not later.

We'll see you in the challenge next year. You won't regret getting started earlier.

JDZ

WKR
I put my cold bow skills to the test, as well as the prize I won. Stalked this buck in his bed to 50 yards, and shot him when he stood up, over an hour later.

12070f8f24415d317b5f75e2c47b84c4.jpg

29a7d7d35f765c932be663ea1fa44daa.jpg

Day 7 of solo backcountry hunt in CO. DIY public land.

Black Gold Ascent Verdict 5-pin.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I put my cold bow skills to the test, as well as the prize I won. Stalked this buck in his bed to 50 yards, and shot him when he stood up, over an hour later.

12070f8f24415d317b5f75e2c47b84c4.jpg

29a7d7d35f765c932be663ea1fa44daa.jpg

Day 7 of solo backcountry hunt in CO. DIY public land.

Black Gold Ascent Verdict 5-pin.
Buddy!!!!!!
How in tarnations did I miss this? thanks for posting up and how cool is this!!!! And a pic of him in his bed. Thanks for posting this up. Might feature this pic in our 2019 challenge if that's all good with you.

Reactions: JDZ

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
you gonna shoot this year's challenge 5Miles?

I doubt it. It's kind of like Lays potato chips with me, I can't stop at just one......potato chips or shots. And I love both. So I'd rather just keep on shooting and let someone else get the gear. I'm more of a 50-100 arrows a session than only one.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt it. It's kind of like Lays potato chips with me, I can't stop at just one......potato chips or shots. And I love both. So I'd rather just keep on shooting and let someone else get the gear. I'm more of a 50-100 arrows a session than only one.
gotcha man, if you change your mind, we're here

NDGuy

WKR
Can we make an entry rule you need to have been here for X months/years or have X amount of posts for prize eligibility? :)

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Can we make an entry rule you need to have been here for X months/years or have X amount of posts for prize eligibility? :)
I'm thinking on it...not that we don't want new guys, as we need them, but I do appreciate our long term members! Let me think a bit...

I joined this site last year just to do the challenge. I had lurked for a long time.

I have a low post count. Generally I use the search feature instead of asking a question that someone asked 2 months ago. I comment in a thread if I feel like I can be helpful. Guess I'm saying I don't know that I agree with a penalty to people who might not post all the time. If they are posting in the challenge they are still promoting the thread and adding to the content, same as the others.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord