won a barrel race today

rayporter

WKR
today the kid won a barrel race. so I am having a capt. morgan.

the whole family has always competed and even though we cant do much anymore the kids still do. oh mama still runs and got a 2nd last month at 78.

last year one of the kids won over 80 thou on her horse and then sold it for way more than that.

today little sis won one. the AQHA world championship-her second.

Jbehredt

WKR
Not to take away from the kids win but...... did you say Mama’s barrel racing at years young? Congrats to all!

OP
rayporter

rayporter

WKR
ya
we went up to Indiana and got her a new pony in may. I got to smear super glue on the saddle before she leaves the house. or else she will be a lawn dart.
like hunting it is a passion. she still has it at 78.
I qualified for the world twice and made the top ten twice but now I ride plugs and am lucky to stay on them. we train all our own [except for mamas last one]

I figure if they don't know what I am talking about it don't matter anyhow.
to keep the thread on track I am on her new one on the right- this is from last week ML in Arkansas -shot it about 5.1 miles from the road.
never seen another hunter.
pSXRHsb.jpg

kickemall

WKR
Congrats to you and your kid Ray. Barrel racing can be a long, tough road. My daughters been in it since she was old enough to stay on so I know how it goes.

Last edited:
Congrats on your family’s AQHA world championship! I’ll be watching the live feed off and on this week. What an amazing accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk