Headed back to Canyon

Rim to Rim Hike soon

Attachments

• IMG_20160517_193353124_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160517_193353124_HDR.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 71

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I just completed a hike out (Bright Angel Trail) after rafting from Lees Ferry and passed a small mule team on the way. I cannot wait to go back and am planning a rim-to-rim(to-rim) trip.

OP
MULEPACKHUNTER
Very cool, ya made it up there in June of all times to go, my brother in law had this hike on his bucket list so I offered to go with. We slept on the ground on the north rim then hiked across 27 miles over the next 10 hours. It was super hot at 100 plus coming up the bright angle trail. My wife stayed on the north side with us then drove around and picked us up on the south side. I have done the rim to rim to rim as well and a few other variations, never gets old seeing this place and never gets easier.

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool, ya made it up there in June of all times to go, my brother in law had this hike on his bucket list so I offered to go with. We slept on the ground on the north rim then hiked across 27 miles over the next 10 hours. It was super hot at 100 plus coming up the bright angle trail. My wife stayed on the north side with us then drove around and picked us up on the south side. I have done the rim to rim to rim as well and a few other variations, never gets old seeing this place and never gets easier.

We took the first rafting trip of the year in early April and hiked out from Pipe Creek up to the South Rim. Trip was amazing and I can't wait to go again. Hike out wasn't too bad, but there was no water between Indian Gardens and the Rim due to low temps at night and possibility of freezing. I'll see if I can find the video segment with the mule team and post it later.