Canvas Cutter Bedroll

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
9ff40421d96a248d553bcecf06ca16d1.jpg

Hey guys
I'm testing this system over on our Sleep Systems' forum, but it's really a good system for packing, so I'm posting it here too.

The breath-ability of canvas is way better than sil-nylon so the condensation problem is almost not there.

If the standard backpacking mattresses just don't give you a good night's rest, you'll love this system.

here is their site: Canvas Bed Roll | Bed Rolls and Accessories

and a video I shot of they system

[video=youtube_share;X4X9iaCOuRY]http://youtu.be/X4X9iaCOuRY[/video]

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Another video on using the bedroll in a floorless tent and some size reference when it is rolled up. If you're a thermarest guy, you could save a lot of bulk over the 3" foam pad, but if you're in need of a good mattress to sleep, the foam pad is really good

[video=youtube_share;3j_z2RZRxtg]https://youtu.be/3j_z2RZRxtg[/video]

blackdawg

WKR
Have you packed this in on your horse? If you did/or wanted to, would you get rid of the 3" foam mattress? I am tempted to try it with a tarp and helinox cot, without the 3" mat. Looks like it could do double duty as top pack on pack horse with hard panniers. I bought one this year for road travels , so far it I have used it only on nights to pitch it out and sleep for a few hours when burning up the highway across the plains states.

Attachments

• IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Have you packed this in on your horse? If you did/or wanted to, would you get rid of the 3" foam mattress? I am tempted to try it with a tarp and helinox cot, without the 3" mat. Looks like it could do double duty as top pack on pack horse with hard panniers. I bought one this year for road travels , so far it I have used it only on nights to pitch it out and sleep for a few hours when burning up the highway across the plains states.

Hey man. I have not packed it in in horses. Did a short backpack overnighter when I first got it in snake and big spider country but that was it. Just too big compared to the other lightweight options out there for horse packing

They are great for road camps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk