EXO....Winning at Customer Service

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Some history....

Two years ago I was in the market for a new pack and Steve Speck, the owner, spent a good deal of time answering my emails and even put up with me coming into the shop to get fitted.

He did this all, and I went ahead a purchased a used pack on Rokslide classifieds (OUCH!). Can't imagine that is good for margins.

Really put the pack through the ringer last year. Used it for several overnight backpacking trips and countless day trips. The real test came when I packed out my Bull Elk, half my deer, half of my buddies deer, and half of my buddies Spike Elk. Pack came out like a champ with the only maintenance being a good cleansing of blood.

This spring, whilst stuffing my bag full of Turkey decoys the material on the main zipper (not the seam attaching the zipper to the bag) looked to be failing, and low and behold it tore during the hunt. The bag was still usable, just a little inconvenient.

Drove over to the shop to see what, if any, thoughts they had to mend the failed zipper. Forget mending, they just gave me a 2015 version of the pack. Talk about a solid fix to a problem that arose from a part they had little control over, in my opinion.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
New or used posting a positive experience goes along way for small companies.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Have to give a shout out as well.
Stopped into their shop recently and received great customer service as well as some swag for stopping by.

R

md126

WKR
Customer service is everything to me, which is why I ultimately went with EXO after a lot of research. Spoke with Steve several times as well as many emails. Lots of great pack companies out there but they are the best imo.

It also seems that the company with great CS also puts out a great product...

Backeast

FNG
I couldn’t agree more with their customer service. Needed a larger hip belt and without question they sent another immediately. Truly the best I have ever worked with. Outstanding product as well.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Haven’t had an issue with my K3500, but I got a Christmas card from the crew last year when I bought my pack. Talk about above and beyond.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
EXO continues to impress...

Have been fortunate to get the opportunity to carry out more meat (2 elk and 2 deer) since my original post.....

Filled my deer tag last weekend of season. Was 6 miles from truck. To save trips I ended up putting the entire deer with my with the rifle and my stupid/necessary pieces of gear. My pack was HEAVY!

5CF91E75-62C8-4CC3-A10B-A2E4FF909667.jpg

Can’t imagine doing this with some run of the mill pack.

The seam on the pad had been frayed for awhile and finally gave up on this packout.

Contacted Exo (Mark) about time to bring in pack to see options to get repair and or replace hip belt.

I am headed to MT this weekend on a hail mary elk tag....Was slightly nervous when they asked me to leave for evaluation.

This morning the email from EXO (Jake) came in that I can come pick up my frame....The repair wad a “new” 2015 model.

IMG_7434.JPG

In my opinion, this is amazing. This was a 5 year old frame. Put through as much as I could possibly put it through.

Lots of great packs and companies out there. EXO, in my humble opinion, is in the top echelon. These packs are hard to beat as it is, but there commitment to customer service is down right amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfreidy

WKR
EXO guys are top notch on service! Replaced the lid on my Gen 1 3500 on site. Stopped by the shop looking for a replacement belt - they found one! But it was operator error. Left with a brand new lid replacing a finicky zipper.