Kifaru - Ranger Green or Ranger Blue?

btg108

FNG
Mine are close enough that under most lighting you can’t tell that they’re different. If you don’t know to look for it you even miss it under the other lighting... but once you see it it does tend to pop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are the customer so you are the one who needs to be happy. You dont need any approval from anyone. Pictures dont always show the slight differences. I hope you and Kifaru can straighten it out. Good luck. I would certainly want mine to match. A little OCD i guess.

I think I’ll just delete my comments and deal directly with kifaru since comments like this aren’t helpful in any way. Carry on fellas I will handle it without any sarcasm. Thanks to those who responded and had this issue as well.

Look man, I admit to being a funny guy at your expense. I didn't mean to offend you and if I really did, I apologize. But, I was only pointing out reality with a side of sarcastic humor. But, here is something for you to realize and remember before going full out victim on this. Kifaru has a dang return period. If you are truly that unhappy, return the DANG things! However, I have offered the best advice I know to give. I stated do not get upset until you see it to others. I stated do not get upset as Kifaru is dead set on you being happy. And, I told you if you would text the pics I'd post them for you.

Once again, I apologize for being insensitive to something that obviously bothered you badly.

And, if you decide to return the things for a refund, I have a couple of packs that you can choose form to use as you wish this year. If returning the off colored stuff knocks you out of a pack for elk season.

valtteri

FNG
I think gear means different things to different people. Me personally, I like to look at it and fondle it since due to life as a whole, I can’t get out nearly as much as I’d like to.

So instead, I look at it. It gets my mind off things and closer to the outdoors. I find that it’s still better than nothing at all. This is where things like color differences come into play.

I didn’t take pics but for me, it really stuck out. Would the shade offset make a difference for hunting? Absolutely not. Does it displease me as a customer? For me personally, yes it does. I expect a certain standard that extends to fabric colors as well.

I’m sure Kifaru was between a rock and a hard place when they had to decide whether to use the new batch or not, but it really is not my concern as a customer. I pay money for products and I have expectations.

What I’m saying is it’s important to differentiate between functional expectations and customer/brand expectations (even though they are mostly intertwined).

I returned my pouches which Kifaru offered to do in a heartbeat. Their customer service is that great.

My main regret is that as a customer I can’t throw more money at Kifaru for RG stuff because of this. I would, but wont’t before the color goes back. It’s a shame - both for me and them! :)

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
When I was looking up Kifaru ranger green, I got different images. (These are not photos and I did not take them) The first three pics look more bluish to me and the last two look more green to me. These first three pics could possibly be the grey color instead of the ranger green and that would explain it. Maybe Kifaru will put up current fabric samples on the site so there will be no confusion in what you will receive.

924321487bdc7cb62dc1c47553f907a6_zpsfr5guzb8.jpg

0f631d2709f546feb6ee8dcdaf58afae_zpspvmzd6bp.jpg

XRY1_zps5dxve45m.jpg

WqET8ww-1_zpsrfc7yl1f.jpg

327347d584eaed4b9a8e3c3d64435327_zpsqqjxd25u.jpg

It is all Ranger Green. And. pictures wouldn't show slight differences more then likely anyway. However, I am having a hard time here understanding the issue. If you buy siding, shingles, metal roofing, etc... the same color from different batches, there likely will be a difference you can notice. Go buy paint for the remodeling and, if you don't get what you need all at once from the same lot number of paint, it will likely be different. The point I make is aside from white, in any material from paint to denim, different lot numbers equals different tints. With that reality, how can you expect it any different for this pack material? You people are right. It is your money. Make yourself happy. But, to be fair you must be realistic with your expectations.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
It is all Ranger Green. And. pictures wouldn't show slight differences more then likely anyway. However, I am having a hard time here understanding the issue. If you buy siding, shingles, metal roofing, etc... the same color from different batches, there likely will be a difference you can notice. Go buy paint for the remodeling and, if you don't get what you need all at once from the same lot number of paint, it will likely be different. The point I make is aside from white, in any material from paint to denim, different lot numbers equals different tints. With that reality, how can you expect it any different for this pack material? You people are right. It is your money. Make yourself happy. But, to be fair you must be realistic with your expectations.

Actually, to be REALLY fair, you can have whatever expectations you want to have as a human being: Just expect to go through life being unhappy if your standards are unrealistic!;)

I got my shipping notice yesterday and should have my pack in hand by Monday!! I’m stoked to say the least! In the pictures posted above, both of those slight color variations look great to me so I’m putting the whole color thing out of mind. Damn I can’t wait to get my pack!

I just got my pack and could'nt be happier!! Mine is the darker green color and personally I think it looks freaking awesome!!

This is why many cottage companies have disclaimers about fabric having slight color and weight variances by batch. These things are largely out of their control.. gun powder burn rates can vary by lot, high end bullets can vary by lot, you can have better and worse “samples” of the same model of swaro optics. This seems like an unreasonable expectation.