Extra Fulcrum straps

huntdoc

FNG
Didn't see anything on youtube or elsewhere, so was wondering what the two top straps that come out at 45 degree angle from top sides of Kifaru Fulcrum are intended for? Thanks

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't see anything on youtube or elsewhere, so was wondering what the two top straps that come out at 45 degree angle from top sides of Kifaru Fulcrum are intended for? Thanks

Straps for a lid if you want to attach it the “old” way. I’ve been meaning to just cut mine off honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
What's the new way?

Edit: took all of 2 mins to figure that out, much better system than the 45 degree straps which are just horrible with an empty pack as the lid tends to migrate down the front of the pack. Probably my largest complaint with Kifaru packs fixed for only $9.50.

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
What's the new way?

Edit: took all of 2 mins to figure that out, much better system than the 45 degree straps which are just horrible with an empty pack as the lid tends to migrate down the front of the pack. Probably my largest complaint with Kifaru packs fixed for only $9.50.

I don’t care what Zack says...you’re sharp! 😜

MattB

WKR
I don’t care what Zack says...you’re sharp! 😜

In my defense, he hasn't figured it out.

Lucky for him these cool kid doohickeys come in 4 packs and I only need 2. I might just leave him a pair on the boat. In the forward head of course.

In terms of water-proof gloves, I'd either hide yours really well or make sure you bring a second pair. ;-)

MattB

WKR
One thing to consider is if you use your lid to compress a load those straps are useful. I occasionally carry a ground blind with my pack and run it in between my lid and the frame. That would not be possible if those straps were cut off.