Kifaru Rambler

Stickbow

FNG
Hey guys, wondering if anyone is still running a Kifaru rambler for day hunts or over nights and how they set it up. Attached a crappy photo of my recent set up. I used the lower straps to hold a compression bag with sleep system and tipi. It was a little floppy and takes a lot of set up to get it right. Anyone have tips? thanks
IMG_201809.jpg

I use one still. One of my favorite packs. I had gear and 12 days of food on the last trip with it. I use a guide lid, medium belt pouch on left side of belt, small belt pouch and water bottle holder on right side of belt. And I had a medium pocket straight down the back.

With that much food about half of it I had between the top of the pack and the guide lid in a stuff sack. Everything else was in the pack or pockets.

WJS23

WKR
Waiting to hear what guys think about this pack I have been debating on getting one of these.

OP
Stickbow

Stickbow

FNG
Dirtytough do you strap anything to the bottom area? Or is yours set up with the pack flush to the base of your frame.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
I need a kick to the nuts for not buying one when they were making them.

Dirtytough do you strap anything to the bottom area? Or is yours set up with the pack flush to the base of your frame.

I didn’t on this hunt. Mine is setup with a space on the bottom like original. If I run a tarp/bivy setup I will leave my pad and bag in my bivy and roll that up together and strap it to the bottom sometimes.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It's my absolute favorite and most used Kifaru pack. I actually wrote a full review on it a couple years back, but we didn't publish it since Kifaru stopped making them.

This was last weekend packing out a quarter of my buddy's bull plus all my day hunting gear.

01-Rambler02.jpg

This was walking up to my bull the next day. Just my day hunting gear in the pack.

01-Rambler.jpeg

Last edited: